- Nearly 70% of the current batch at IIFT comprises students who have scored in the 50-79% bracket during their undergraduate studies. Only 30% of the batch has scored between 80-100% marks in graduation, of which just 5% have scored between 90-100% marks.
- A massive 70% of the batch at IIFT comprises students who have scored between 90-100% in their 10th, while nearly the entire batch has scored between 80-100% marks in 10th.
- The lions share of the current batch at IIFT has scored between 80-100% marks in 12th, though it must be pointed out that a fifth of the batch has scored between 60-79% marks during their HSC studies.
- 35% of the batch at IIFT has scored 90% or more marks in both 10th and 12th, while 12% of the batch has scored between 80-89.9% marks in both 10th and 12th. Not a single student has scored below 60% marks in either 10th or 12th.
- Though not mentioned anywhere in IIFT's selection process brochure, it appears that candidates' SSC and HSC marks have significant weight in the overall selection process, with a higher weight for SSC marks, given the massive chunk of 90%+ scorers in the current IIFT batch(es).
- Low graduation scores, i.e., scores in the 60-79% bracket, appear to not be a hindrance in getting admitted to IIFT Delhi. However, data suggests that if you have scored below 60% marks in graduation, your chances of making it to the final shortlist of students is significantly reduced, and is eliminated almost entirely if you've scored below 50% marks.
You may also be interested in finding out if your academic profile is likely to be rejected/selected by the top six IIMs in the country.
Academic Profile Required To Get A Call From NMIMS Mumbai
As per the official admissions handout by SBM-NMIMS Mumbai, the final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the application data in terms of academic marks obtained, work experience, marks obtained in NMAT, and CD-PI. However, there is no mention of the individual components or their corresponding weight under 'academic marks obtained'. But since it is explicitly mentioned that academic marks obtained is a definite selection criterion, this report will analyse the complete academic profile of the current/previous batches at NMIMS Mumbai.
- A striking observation is the small percentage of students who have scored above 90% marks in 10th - usually a low hanging fruit for most MBA aspirants. Compared to other business schools in the same league as NMIMS (or higher), this is unusually low, which suggests that the institute may not give significant weight to a candidate's SSC score during the final shortlisting process. This is further supported by data in the table above which shows that over 70% of the batch at SBM-NMIMS Mumbai has scored between 40-79% marks in 10th.
- It appears that a candidate's 12th marks have a significant degree of weight in the selection criteria, with 60% of the batch at NMIMS having scored 90% or above marks in during their HSC studies, and nearly the entire batch having scored 80%+ marks. Only a handful of students have scored below 70% marks in 12th.
- Over a fifth of the current/previous batches at NMIMS Mumbai has scored above 80% marks in graduation, which is not a very high percentage of students as compared to other business schools in the same league as NMIMS (or higher). This implies that though graduation marks may be included as a component under 'academic marks obtained', it may be that these marks may not hold a significant weight in the overall shortlisting process.
- A major inference from the data in the aforementioned table is that if you have scored below 70% marks in 10th, and/or 12th, and/or graduation, your chances of making it to NMIMS are significantly reduced. However, it must be noted that there is no official assignment of weights assigned by NMIMS to the various components of the selection process, which makes it entirely possible that a very high NMAT score and a 70/70/70 academic profile may still allow you to make it to the flagship PGDM program at SBM, though data suggests that it is less likely.
What kind of profiles are B-schools like SPJIMR, FMS Delhi, MDI etc. likely to shortlist? Find out if your profile will make the cut for these elite institutes.
Academic Profile Required To Get A Call From NITIE Mumbai
As per the official announcement by NITIE Mumbai of the eligibility criteria for the PGDIM program, the final merit list (post-interviews) will be based on a composite score which will consider the candidate's academic records, CAT score, relevant work experience (if any) and performance in the GD and PI process. However, no weight has been mentioned for any of these components for the calculation of the composite score. The table below captures the overall academic profile details of current/previous batches at NITIE Mumbai.
- Data in the table above suggests that NITIE Mumbai has balanced weights for 10th, 12th and graduation scores when it comes to calculating the composite score for the final shortlisting process. This is evident from the fact that only a very small percentage of students have scored below 70% marks in either 10th, or 12th, or graduation.
- Data suggests that a candidate's 10th marks appear to have a significant weight in the selection process at NITIE Mumbai, with less than 10% of the individuals included in this report having scored below 80% marks in 10th. This figure is comparable to batches at some of the top IIMs and other elite business schools.
- Out of all the three components that make up a candidate's academic profile, graduation scores appear to have the least weight in NITIE's selection criteria, given that more than half the students/alumni included in this report have scored between 60-79% marks in their graduation.
- Not a single student/alumnus/alumna has scored below 60% marks in either 10th or 12th at NITIE Mumbai.
- NITIE Mumbai appears to be slightly forgiving towards GEMs who have underwhelming graduation scores, i.e., below 70% marks in graduation. However, for those who have slipped below 60% marks during their Engineering, chances of converting a NITIE call are drastically reduced, as is apparent from data captured in the table above.
- As per data, for candidates who have scored below 80% marks in 10th, the chances of converting a NITIE call are reduced significantly but are not eliminated entirely, and the same can be said for candidates who have scored below 80% marks in 12th, though NITIE appears to be more forgiving towards the latter group.
Special note - For the following two institutes, i.e., TISS Mumbai and SIBM Pune, there is no information to suggest that either of the two institutes considers a candidate's academic profile at all in calculating a composite score to create the final merit list. Therefore, it is entirely possible that even with a poor or below average academic profile, there may be no impact on a candidate's chances of selection for these institutes' flagship management programs. Regardless, the tables below will help MBA aspirants understand the academic abilities of students at these reputed institutes.
Academic Profile Required To Get A Call From TISS Mumbai
Based on the information encapsulated in the above table, it becomes immediately evident that even though candidates' academic profiles are not taken into consideration for the HRM & LR program at TISS, there is a high intake of students who have stellar profiles, especially when it comes to 12th and graduation scores. Over 60% of the batch at TISS has scored above 80% marks in their graduation, while nearly 90% of the batch has scored above 80% marks in 12th - these figures are comparable to that of some other elite management institutes in the country, including the IIMs.
Academic Profile Required To Get A Call From SIBM Pune
Based on information encapsulated in the table above, it can be clearly seen that MBA students at SIBM Pune tend to have profiles similar to that of other elite business schools in the same league as the institute. In fact, the profiles of students at SIBM Pune are not very dissimilar to that of students at IIM Lucknow, which is a testament to the pedigree of students who arrive at the Lavale campus. Even though SIBM Pune does not seem to give any weight to a candidate's profile and focuses entirely on the interview performance, the table above brings out trends of the type of profiles that generally make it to the institute.
Got into these top business schools or know someone who got into these business schools with a profile that conflicts with data in this report? Let us know in the comments below!
Recommended Reads For You
- Is Your Academic Profile Good Enough For The Top Six IIMs?
- Is Your Profile Good Enough For SPJIMR, FMS, MDI and XLRI?
We know how badly you want to get into your dream b-school in 2020, and we also understand that the competition is really tough. But guess what - we're here to help you out with your WAT-PI preparation, and we'll do it completely free of cost! Interested? Then register for the Unilever Change Makers program and take one massive step closer to your dream MBA institute.