Survival in any B-school depends upon “understanding” the core value of the management. And in the core of all business schools lies a central idea of “globe”.
What is the first thing that crosses your mind when someone mentions the schedule of a business school? Most probably, you are thinking of ‘a hectic time schedule’ and you are correct! The students are squeezed for time with multiple classes, quizzes, seminars, projects and what not! So, how does one find time to study? Well, you do not!
Then the most logical question is – “How do you pass the exams?” The answer lies in understanding the concept of 'globe'. In essence, globe is about talking big. It is writing about everything you know about the topic you believe is being asked in the exam irrespective of your actual understanding of the topic. It's the practical application of “fake it till you make it”.
This helps in your exams, project reports, writing assignments etc. But beware; it really doesn’t work much in placements!
To understand the term globe, here are ten definitions for your enlightenment.
- Globe is about expressing everything around the perceived issue in hand with great confidence sans the actual issue.
- Globe is the exaggeration of the obvious leaving behind the actuals.
- Globe is an inflated balloon hanging on a thin thread literally.
- Globe is a superset of all thinkable sets which may or may not include the intended set.
- Globe is the assumption of cash flows in perpetuity when the flow patterns look blurred.
- Globe is the macroeconomics answer of a microeconomics question.
- Globe is the careful placement of AI, ML, big data in every second sentence in a placement interview.
- Globe is the generation of many random ideas and then generating more ideas on how to link them and then even more ideas on how to justify them.
- Globe is the globalization of Panchayati Raj when you have not seen a panchayat.
- Globe is changing your LinkedIn tagline to “A travel enthusiast, a globetrotter, nature lover, adventure seeker, avid writer, passionate blogger, professional photographer” just after posting on Facebook, a sleepy selfie atop Nandi Hills which reads, “In the morning mist on the mount, I manage to unravel myself”
- Globe is modern art. (It’s eleven points when it says ten :P )
I hope you now appreciate the true meaning of globe. This is the single most important artillery for you to survive an MBA. Happy globing!