Continuing her talk with us, Riya Chhabra tells us about her b school experience at INSEAD. She talks of how she felt like she didn’t belong, and the apprehensions she initially had about connecting with people from around the world. She soon realised she wasn’t the only one who felt that. Competition exists everywhere, and when you’re in one of the world’s top b schools, that competition is bound to intensify.
Being an introvert, she spent more time studying and preparing for her placements. INSEAD having only a 10-month long course meant that time was precious. In the end, she managed to score interviews with 2 of the MBB, finally landing a job with McKinsey, New York. Having identified early on that she wanted to be a consultant, she was prepared for the difficult life that lay ahead of her. In this video, she talks of her initial years with McKinsey, and how she slowly adapted to the harsh life of a consultant. She talks of what a Consultant’s life is like, and what you need to be able to succeed as one. If consulting is what you are aiming for, this video is certainly for you!
This is Part 2 of Riya's full interview. Click here to watch Part 1
Stay tuned for Part 3!
This is a new series of talks that we are doing amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Despite the lockdowns and the curfews, we are making all the efforts to ensure that you keep getting insightful and relevant content. So sit back and make the most of your social distancing with this episode of ‘Konversations in Quarantine'!
1) Competition exists everywhere. The competition only intensifies when you’re in one of the world’s best institutions.
2) The more of the world you see, the more you realise how much you don’t know.
3) Starting your prep early will only aid you in achieving your goal.
4) Be ready for rejections. They’re part and parcel of the placement experience.
5) You have to get used to your colleagues’ working styles, and your clients’ working styles. Being adaptable to these differences is key to being a good consultant.
6) The mindset of a consultant is very different from other industry professionals.
7) Consultants don’t have a boss. They have a manager. You have to make your own decisions.
8) Consulting is highly intellectually stimulating. It’s like solving a puzzle everyday.
Take CAT tips from the CAT master - ARKS Srinivas. Enroll for the Masterclass Prime series now. https://bit.ly/MasterclassPrime
If you don't want to miss any of our videos, all you need to do is join us on WhatsApp. Click here to join - https://bit.ly/_whatsappupdates