Mayank Agarwal joined the ride-hailing company #Uber at a time when the growth of the company was surging. More and more driver-partners were signing up for the facilities that they were getting, tips on rides they were receiving, and exploring the new gig economy that was settling in the country. He describes the early few months within the company to be of hustle and disruption, where a lot of things were changing and taking shape. Now, Mayank is responsible for the growth of the bike taxi and three-wheeler segment of Uber. But, in these trying times of coronavirus and the prevailing safety concerns of people, how effectively can a ride-hailing company rise up to the occasion? This and a lot more are discussed in this part of the Konversations in Quarantine with Mayank Agarwal.
This and a lot more, on what lies ahead for a heavily supply chain dependent business like Uber, in this part of the Konversations in Quarantine with Mayank Agarwal.
Tell us in the comments section below when you think life would go back to normal after the lockdown lifts and share some of your Uber stories.
This is a new series of talks that we are doing amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Despite the lockdowns and the curfews, we are making all the efforts to ensure that you keep getting insightful and relevant content. So sit back and make the most of your social distancing with this episode of ‘Konversations in Quarantine'!
Here's What We Recommend You Take A Look At Next
- IIM A Prof. On How COVID-19 is Affecting Supply Chain Ft. Debjit Roy | Professor Of The Year
- MBA Is A Time And Money Commitment - Michael Jebadurai, Piramal Capital
- A Day In The Life of A Banker-Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities – Anchit Desai, Bank of America
- A Salesperson Can Earn More Than The CEO Ft. Amit Agarwal, IIM A, IIT BHU
- How I Got Into BMW – Deeksha Bhale, IIFT Delhi
- What It's Like To Work As A Product Manager Abroad Ft. Ellora Nath, ISB Alum
- IIM Taught Me To Thrive In High Pressure, High Risk Situations Ft. Amit Agrawal, IIM A, IIT BHU