IIM Indore Final Placements Report – Class Of 2018
Highlights of IIM Indore Lateral & Final Placements – Class of 2018
- IIM Indore, which has the largest batch among all IIMs, has successfully concluded the Final Placements for the Class of 2018 with 100% placement for 624 students (443 PGP + 68 PGP-Mumbai + 113 IPM).
- IIM Indore continued to shine on all fronts of performance, with a 40% increase in Pre-Placement Offers. This time around, the placement season witnessed participation from more than 200 companies, making offers with an average compensations package of 18.17 LPA, a 12% rise from the previous year. The average for the IPM batch stood at 15.16 LPA, a remarkable 21% rise.
- Several international offers were also made this year, with the highest international package being 63.45 LPA, while the highest domestic package stood at 33.04 LPA.
- IIM Indore maintained its position as one of the preferred recruitment destinations across all domains for top-notch industrial stalwarts, with just 7 of the top firms, Aditya Birla Group, Accenture, BCG, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, and JPMorgan Chase, together rolling out 48 offers.
- With 27% of the batch opting for Finance roles and participation of multiple Investment Banks, Private Equity and Venture Capital firms offering highly coveted front-end roles, IIM Indore has emerged as one of the top destinations for finance recruitment in the country. Leading global MNCs like American Express, Bank of America, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JPMorgan Chase, Nomura, and RBS recruited in large numbers as did top Indian banks like Axis Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, HSBC, ICICI Bank, IDFC Bank, and Yes Bank. Niche firms like IFMR Capital, Kotak Wealth Management, Tata Asset Management, UAE Exchange also offered many sought-after roles.
- In the Consulting domain, Boston Consulting Group continued to recruit. PwC US SDC hired for the first time and Accenture Strategy came back after a brief hiatus. The other major recruiters included Cognizant Business Consulting, Deloitte USI, EY, Infosys Management Consulting, KPMG, PwC India among others.
- General Management & Leadership program roles were offered by Aditya Birla Group, Airtel, CP Group, GMR Group, JSW Group, Mahindra & Mahindra, Max Life Insurance, Reliance Industries, Shell among others.
- FMCG sector saw healthy participation from leading firms including Asian Paints, Dabur, Emami, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, Hindustan Unilever, ITC, L’Oréal, Marico, Mother Dairy, PepsiCo, Pidilite, Tolaram Group, among others. Sales & Marketing domain offers were also made from leading brands like Bajaj Auto, Blue Star, Godrej & Boyce, Hero MotoCorp, Indian Oil, L&T, Lava International, Maruti Suzuki, Panasonic, Philips, Vodafone among others.
- In the Pharma sector, the major recruiters included Cipla, Dr. Lal Path Labs, Eli Lilly, GSK Pharma among others.
- The Technology sector saw participation from leading firms like Dell, Google as well as Technology Consulting firms like Accenture Tech, Capgemini, HCL Tech, IBM, Infosys, L&T Infotech, Mahindra Comviva. Several E-Commerce firms like IndiaMart, Lenskart, NestAway, PayTM also recruited.
- The third batch of the five-year Integrated Programme in Management were made offers from marque recruiters like Asian Paints, Credit Suisse, CRISIL, CP Group, DHL, Goldman Sachs, GSK Pharma, HCCB, HSBC, HUL, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, JPMorgan Chase, JSW Group, L’Oréal, Nomura, Panasonic, SKP Group and UAE Exchange with close to 40% & 30% of the batch opting for Finance and Sales & Marketing domains respectively.