After his stint at Shopclues, Sandeep Aggarwal went on to found Droom, a company that digitises the buying and selling of used cars. And once again, Sandeep decided to foray into a space that was already saturated with players like Cars24 and CarDekho. So why would one decide to invest time, energy and money into a company which many advised him, was set to fail? But here’s the interesting bit, not only is Droom launched in India, but other Asian countries as well! With plans to go big even outside India, and become a truly global company, Sandeep’s vision and plans for Droom seem to be bold. Find out how his thinking differs from the usual and how he managed to bring Droom to the world.
In this video shot at the i5 Summit at IIM Indore, Shopclues & Droom Founder, Sandeep, takes us through the story of founding Droom. He shares how he fought against popular opinion to start Droom, and how the company has exceeded the naysayers’ expectations.
He talks at length about Droom’s operations and the logic behind the same. Throughout the video, he drops interesting stories about entrepreneurship and his learnings and takeaways from various facets of life.
If you wish to know how you can use every opportunity to profit from it, this is a must watch for you.
1. Honestly in entrepreneurship, you’re never done.
2. The best product is the one you never stop building.
3. Your biggest enemy as an entrepreneur is your own legacy thinking.
4. When you’re growing that fast, even a 3 month old development is old!
5. Adaptation is the only way to survive as an entrepreneur.
6. You start when you don’t have to ask when to start!
7. Always take a long term approach to entrepreneurship.
8. Never expect business to be straightforward.
9. It is very difficult to gain capital. Don’t underestimate that.
10. The team is very important when you think about creating a business.
11. Just let Entrepreneurship is all about mitigating risk.