The SNAP exam has seen many changes in recent years. The exam first shifted from a pen and paper format to the online format, excluded the General Knowledge section from its paper pattern, and also introduced 'special questions' worth extra marks in the Quantitative Ability section. Now, there have been further highly significant changes to the SNAP paper pattern as well as the test-taking process, including the number of times candidates can take the SNAP 2020 exam. Here's all you need to know about the latest SNAP 2020 paper pattern.
SNAP 2020 Exam - Key Changes To The SNAP Paper Pattern
As per a notification released on the SIBM Pune blog, the following are the key changes to the SNAP exam pattern in 2020 as well as changes to the test-taking procedures.
- The SNAP 2020 exam will be conducted on three dates - 20th December 2020, 6th January 2021, and 9th January 2021.
- A candidate can attempt the SNAP 2020 exam a maximum of two times, and the number of attempts that the candidate plans to take will have to be decided in advance. The best of the performance of candidate out of the attempts he/she has made will be considered for final percentile calculation.
- The exam duration has gone from 2 hours to 1 hour, and will be held from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM on all dates.
- The number of questions in the exam have reduced from 110 to 60.
- There will be no 'special questions' included in the SNAP 2020 exam. Special questions in the SNAP 2019 exam attracted 2 marks for correct answers, were included only in the Quantitative Ability section, and were TITA type questions.
- The marking pattern will be +1 mark for each correct answer and 25% negative marking (-0.25) for each incorrect answer.
|Particulars||SNAP 2020||SNAP 2019|
|Mode of Testing||Online||Online|
|Duration||60 Minutes||120 Minutes|
|Total Number of Questions||60||110|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||15||34|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||20||35|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||25||36|
Registration for the SNAP 2020 exam will cost Rs. 1750 per attempt. The institute program registration fee will be Rs. 1000 per program. More details around the test pattern and testing process will soon be made available on the official SNAP 2020 website.
SNAP 2020 Exam - Important Dates To Remember
The SNAP 2020 exam, in a first, will be conducted on three separate dates. This announcement comes after it was announced that the CAT 2020 exam will be conducted on a single day but across three different slots, as opposed to the two slots allotted in previous years.
Registrations for the SNAP 2020 exam will begin on 23rd September 2020, and will close on 28th November 2020. Candidates can choose from three dates to attempt the SNAP 2020 exam a maximum of two times. The exam will be conducted from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM on all dates. Results of the SNAP 2020 exam will be released on 22nd January, 2021. SNAP 2019 results were released on 10th January 2020.
|SNAP 2020 Exam Date 1||20th December, 2020||Sunday|
|SNAP 2020 Exam Date 2||6th January, 2021||Wednesday|
|SNAP 2020 Exam Date 3||9th January, 2021||Saturday|
|SNAP 2020 Registrations Open||23rd September, 2020||Wednesday|
|SNAP 2020 Registrations Close||28th November, 2020||Saturday|
|Admit Card Available For Download||5th December, 2020||Saturday|
|Announcement of SNAP 2020 Results||22nd January, 2021||Friday|