The SPJIMR Final Placements report for the PGDM batch of 2018-2020 has been released by the institute! 238 students of the Class of 2020 participated in the process, receiving over 300 offers from participating recruiters. Top companies on the SPJIMR campus this placements season included BCG, Bain & Co., Goldman Sachs, Amazon, Hindustan Unilever, and TAS amongst others. This post will cover the complete details of the SPJIMR Final Placements process for the Class of 2020!
SPJIMR Final Placements - PGDM Class of 2020 - Key Highlights
The following are the key highlights from the SPJIMR final placements process for the PGDM batch of 2018-2020:
- The highest CTC offered stood at INR 51 lakhs p.a.
- The average CTC offered stood at INR 26.36 lakhs p.a. - a 15% increase from the previous year.
- The median CTC offered stood at INR 25 lakhs p.a. - over a 13% increase from the previous year.
- 86.97% of the PGDM Class of 2020 at SPJIMR secured offers in excess of INR 20 lakhs p.a.
- Over 56% of the offers were equal to or greater than INR 25 lakhs p.a.
- 95% of the offers were equal to or greater than INR 18 lakhs p.a.
- Approximately 60% of the batch received pre-placement offers/pre-placement interviews through their autumn internships.
- 122 companies participated in the SPJIMR final placements process, including 44 new recruiters.
- New recruiters on campus included Alvarez & Marsal, The Bridgespan Group, Praxis Global Alliance, Bank of America, Landmark Group, Intuit, Cisco, Sabre Partners, Spark Capital, Udaan, BYJU'S, Ola cabs, Swiggy and Dabur.
- 28% of the PGDM Class of 2020 picked up offers in the Consulting domain, making it the most sought-after domain at SPJIMR.
Also recommended for you - Salaries And Placements Offered By Top Indian B-Schools In 2019
SPJIMR Final Placements - PGDM Class of 2020 - General Management & Leadership, E-Commerce
Conglomerates such as the Aditya Birla Group, Amazon, Tata Administrative Services, Mahindra & Mahindra, Adani, Edelweiss, Cap Gemini, ELITE, Philips, GE Healthcare and Airtel made 26 offers in roles that are aimed at building the leadership pipeline. These roles give students exposure to various functions and are accelerated tracks designed at honing a future leader within the organisation. Beyond the traditional leadership roles in conglomerates, the prestigious Finance Leadership (FLDP) and BOLD Operations role from Amazon were a key highlight this year.
The rise in hiring from the E-Commerce sector was substantial as more than 22 per cent of the batch bagged roles from this sector. Top recruiters in this space offered a surfeit of new roles giving the participants myriad of options to choose from. Some of the key recruiters from this sector include the likes of Amazon, Flipkart, Uber, Ola Cabs, Swiggy, Go-MMT, Cloudtail, Grofers, Ninjacart and many more.
SPJIMR Final Placements - PGDM Class of 2020 - Consulting/IT Consulting, Finance
More than 28 per cent of the PGDM batch of 2018-2020 at SPJIMR picked up offers in the consulting domain. New recruiters like Alvarez & Marsal, The Bridgespan Group and Praxis Global Alliance participated in the process along with traditional recruiters like The Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Co., Accenture Strategy, Deloitte, PwC, KPMG, IBM Consulting, EY, Avalon Consulting and GEP amongst others.
A plethora of roles were offered across sectors such as Equity Research, Digital Banking, Private Equity, Wealth Management, Corporate Finance, NBFC, etc. Investment Banks and Private Equity firms such as Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Nomura, Sabre Capital opened the roles for students. Around 15 per cent of the finance batch secured roles in Investment Banking profiles.
SPJIMR Final Placements - PGDM Class of 2020 - FMCG, IT & Analytics
The FMCG sector made offers to nearly 23 per cent of the batch in Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Corporate Finance and Corporate IT roles. The companies included Hindustan Unilever, Proctor and Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Landmark Group, ITC, Colgate Palmolive, Asian Paints, Marico, Nestle, Mondelez, Castrol, Amway, Nivea, Pidilite and Reckitt Benckiser.
Technology giants such as Intuit, Microsoft, Media.net, Freshworks, Cisco, Samsung, BYJU’s, American Express and Airtel offered Product Management, Analytics, Program Management, Tech Sales, and General Management roles on campus this year. GE (Healthcare) recruited for its renowned Digital Technology Leadership Program and Philips hired for its distinguished IT Leadership Programme.
SPJIMR Final Placements - PGDM Class of 2020 - Quick Facts