SPJIMR Mumbai has seen a fantastic final placement season for its PGDM batch of 2022. The institute witnessed a 20 percent jump in the median salary, and a 23 percent uptick in the average salary for the graduating batch. The highest salary went up to over 53 lakhs, and nearly 9 out of 10 students received offers of at least 25 lakhs. Prominent companies on campus included BCG, Bain, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Amazon, TAS, HUL, Nestle, Mahindra Group amongst many others. Discover more insights into the 2022 SPJIMR placements process in this detailed breakdown of the institute's final placement report.
Average Salary Up By 23%, Median Up By 20% | SPJIMR Placements 2022
- In 2022, the highest salary stood at INR 53.16 lakhs, increasing by 14 percent over the previous year.
- The average salary stood at INR 32.06 lakhs, seeing a 23 percent year-on-year increase.
- The median salary saw an uptick of 20 percent over the previous year, increasing to INR 30.10 lakhs.
- 14 percent of offers were greater than or equal to INR 40 lakhs, and 30 percent of offers were equal to or greater than 35 lakhs.
- 59 percent of offers were greater than or equal to INR 30 lakhs, while 87 percent of offers were greater than or equal to INR 25 lakhs.
Half the Graduating Batch Receives PPOs, Setting a Record | SPJIMR Placements 2022
- A total of 70 companies and 238 students participated in the 2022 SPJIMR placements process. These 70 recruiters also included 33 first-time recruiters on campus.
- The graduating batch received 123 pre-placement offers (PPOs) - the highest in SPJIMR's history. This translates to 52 percent of the PGDM batch receiving PPOs from leading companies like Amazon, Accenture Strategy, BCG, Colgate-Palmolive, Hindustan Unilever, Intuit, P&G, and TAS amongst others.
- Over 38 percent of the batch was placed with Consulting firms, and over 21 percent of the Finance Management batch was placed with Investment Banking and Private Equity firms.
- Nearly 40 percent of the Operations and Supply Chain Management batch was placed with FMCG and E-Commerce companies.
- 30 percent of the Information Management batch secured Product Management roles at leading technology companies.
38 Percent of PGDM Batch Placed in Consulting Roles | SPJIMR Placements 2022
2022 saw an increased intake of SPJIMR's PGDM students by the Consulting domain, making it the largest recruiting sector by rolling out offers to over 38 percent of the batch. Roles in the FMCG sector made up over 22 per cent of offers accepted. The roles offered in this sector were across Sales & Marketing, Corporate IT, Corporate Finance and Supply Chain Operations.
SPJIMR witnessed the participation of international and domestic finance companies offering roles in the domain of analytics, wealth management and private banking. Around 20 percent of the Finance batch landed offers in Investment Banking and Private Equity roles, a record high for the finance cohort. Prominent recruiters such as Avendus Capital, Axis Capital, GEF Capital, Goldman Sachs, and JM Financial rolled out multiple offers to candidates.
This year, about 12 percent of the batch received offers from E-Commerce industry leaders such as Amazon and Flipkart. Varied roles were offered to students across domains such as Supply Chain and Operations Management, Finance Management, Management Trainee and others.