The Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi has successfully completed its summer internship placement process (SIP) in record time for MBA Class of 2018-20. Both the mean and median stipends at DMS IIT Delhi have seen a sharp upward trend.
This season, DMS IIT Delhi saw the summer placement process being finished with an incredible 58% increase in the average stipend. Many of our recurring recruiters such as Shell, Synergy Consulting, Maersk Line, Wipro, Amway, Value Labs, Texas Instruments and BPCL among others, restored their faith in our students by offering internships across various domains.
There were many new organizations which started their engagement with DMS, IIT Delhi this time, which included Reckitt Benckiser, Accenture Digital, Royal Enfield, Cummins, Fin IQ and Maersk GSC to name a few. The top 50% of the students bagged an average stipend of INR 2.11 Lacs.
Following are a few important highlights of this placement cycle:
- Highest stipend stands at the INR 4 Lacs mark for the third year in a row.
- Average stipend increased by an astounding 58% to INR 1.43 Lacs.
- The average stipend for the top half of the batch stood at INR 2.11 Lacs for 2 months.
- The average stipend of top 10% stood at INR 3.77 Lacs and that of top 25% stood at INR 2.71 Lacs.
- The average stipend of top 75% stood at INR 1.73 Lacs and that of top 90% stood at INR 1.55 Lacs.
- Median stipend increased to INR 1.32 Lacs.
- The average stipend of female candidates achieved an impressive figure of INR 2 Lacs.
This year’s summer placements continued the trend of increasing average salary being offered to our students. This has reinstated DMS - IIT Delhi’s standing in the industry with the major brand names participating in the process. The students have found good placements in different sectors & domains with diverse profiles.