Summer Placements – Class Of 2020 – IIM Indore
Highlights as per the report –
- IIM Indore, with the largest batch size among all IIMs, has completed a phenomenally successful Summer Internship Placements for the class of 2018-20. The season witnessed participation from 150+ companies including 37 prominent new recruiters collectively rolling out offers to 540 participants.
- The average stipend offered was INR 1.54 Lakhs which is a 24% increase over the previous year while the average stipend for the top 100 offers stood at INR 2.57 Lakhs, with an increase of 19%, thereby strongly establishing the fact that a colossal batch size is no impediment to quality offers and opportunities. The highest stipend offered was INR 4 lakhs.
- Boston Consulting Group continued to recruit in increasing numbers while new recruiters in the Consulting domain included Everest Group, Government of Andhra Pradesh, Infosys Management Consulting, PricewaterhouseCoopers – SDC, SKP Group, Thoucentric Management Consulting while Deloitte US India returned after a brief hiatus. Other legacy recruiters like Avalon Consulting, Cognizant Business Consulting, Ernst & Young, IQVIA, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Synergy Consulting continued to engage with us.
- Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan Chase & Co. continued to recruit for a multitude of roles that included Investment Banking, Equity Research, Risk Management & Corporate Treasury among others. Deutsche Bank opened its Global Transaction Banking role for the first time apart from recruiting for its coveted Investment Banking role
- The institute witnessed first-time participation from Barclays, Edelweiss Global Wealth & Asset Management, HSBC STG, Kotak Wealth Management, Muthoot Fincorp, Unimoni while other leading multinational finance recruiters like American Express, D.E. Shaw & Co., Fidelity Investments, HSBC, Nomura, Royal Bank of Scotland continued to recruit.
- Aditya Birla Group recruited for its Leadership Associate Program (LEAP) for the very first time, apart from recruiting through other channels for its Group Internship Program, as did other regular General Management domain recruiters like Eli Lilly, Essel Group, JSW Group, Maersk Line, Mahindra & Mahindra GMC, Raymond, Reliance Industries, Vodafone Idea.
- Sales & Marketing continued to be among the top domains with leading FMCG brand like Akzonobel, Asian Paints, AT Foods, Dabur, Hindustan Unilever, ITC, L’Oréal, Marico, Nestlé, PepsiCo, Pidilite, Prataap Snacks and United Breweries continuing to recruit in large numbers while first time recruiters included McNROE, The Himalayan Drug Company among many others.
- The auto and auto components sector increased their hiring with first-time recruiters like Hero MotoCorp and regular recruiters like Bajaj Auto, Royal Enfield. The pharma & healthcare sector remained strong with Amway, Astrazeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Dr Lal PathLabs participating for the first time while firms like Cipla, Eli Lilly, GSK Pharma, UnitedHealth Group continued to recruit.
- The media & telecom sector saw first-time recruiters like Tata Communication, Mahindra Comviva while existing relationships with GroupM, HT Media, Vodafone Idea continued to flourish. E-commerce sector continued receiving massive participation from firms like Droom and IndiaMART with first-time recruiters like NoBroker, MakeMyTrip, OfBusiness, Olx.com, ShopClues.
- The fifth batch of the 5-year Masters of Business Administration- Dual Degree (formerly IPM) that appeared for summer placements along with the PGP batch attracted high levels of enthusiasm and interest from recruiters. Some of the leading recruiters included Avalon Consulting, Bajaj Auto, CRISIL, D.E. Shaw & Co., Edelweiss GWAM, Essel Group, Goldman Sachs, Google, HSBC, ICICI Bank, L’Oréal, Olx.com, PricewaterhouseCoopers, SKP Group among others.