IBSAT is an online aptitude test conducted by the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education University (a deemed university as per UGC act 1956), for students seeking admission to the MBA/PGPM/Ph.D. programs. IBSAT is based on CBT (Computer Based Test) format and consists of multiple choice questions. IBSAT is for 2 hours duration and is aimed to test the applicant's ability in quantitative techniques, data interpretation, data adequacy, vocabulary, analytical reasoning and reading comprehension.
Only 34 days are left for IBSAT exam. By this time students must have finished their preparation. Best utilization of these 34 days can be done by revision of the 4 sections in IBSAT entrance. English comprehension section in IBSAT entrance test requires good amount of practice along with a good reading habit. Hard work along with smart work is the key to excel in this section in the IBSAT exam.
Preparation strategy for English comprehension section:
English comprehension section in IBSAT exam consists of 25 questions. This section essentially focuses on the English part, which is purely on reading comprehension. Students are more concerned in attempting this section. The only way to deal with this section is reading English newspapers, quality magazines and novels on daily basis. Watching news on television can also add a plus point in your preparation. Try to solve as many mock test/online test you can manage. Underline the words you are not able to understand, utilize a dictionary to find their meaning, synonyms and antonyms. These exercises help you in improving your vocabulary as well as grammar. Practice as many reading comprehensions as possible for improving your reading speed and answering questions based on that.
Tips to crack English comprehension section in IBSAT exam:
- Read English newspapers, quality magazines, novels etc on regular basis and underline the difficult words that you come across.
-Utilize a dictionary in finding the meaning, synonyms and antonyms for those words.
-While solving comprehension passage, keep four things in mind:
1) Always understand the gist of the passage given
2) Try to organize your ideas while going through the passage
3) Look for structural words such as additionally, similarly, moreover etc or any contrast words e.g. but, though, however etc or conclusion words like thus, so, therefore etc
4) Manage your time in an effective manner.
-While practicing any mock test/IBSAT exam papers you can set a timer. This will help you in time-saving and speed building.
-Spend atleast 2-3 hours every day in practicing question based on vocabulary and grammar. Practice will help you to develop the skills to solve a problem in an effective manner.
- Learn them vigorously and try to use them while writing or in your conversations. This helps you in building up a strong vocabulary through which you can express your thoughts properly.
-Do not keep important topics to be covered in the last moment. Last moment preparation always creates confusion.
- Learn to manage your time effectively while maintaining speed and accuracy in solving a given problem.
Good training and sufficient practice can help you score a good percentile in English comprehension section.
Find the preparation strategy for IBSAT DI and Data Adequacy here
Find the preparation strategy for IBSAT Verbal here
Follow IBS at ibs.insideiim.com