Free CAT Sectional Mock Tests To Help You Ace CAT 2022 - Take The Tests Here!
3 RC All VA: When we are being selective on the number of questions attempted, then one way to go about it is leaving out an entire RC. If you see the trend in CAT previous year papers, then atleast one RC is there where difficulty level is high as compared to the other moderate and easy ones. Now you can read the first 5 lines or introductory paragraph of each RC and skim through the questions to decide which RCs are you attempting and which ones would you be leaving. This gives you a good amount of time to do the other RCs and VA well enough. And that can ensure a good score provided you are very confident of the ones you attempt.
Check Out → 300+ Free CAT Sectional Mock Tests To Help You Ace CAT Exam
4 RCs Selective VA : Similar approach as above, if you have a stronghold in reading passages and remembering the details, and you can get the underlying meaning at once and don't have to look at the RC again to answer the questions, the attempt all 4 RCs. In this case, select the VA you would be doing. As there is no negative marking for para jumbles and odd one out, you could attempt them even if unsure. Summary reading takes up time and selecting the correct option too is not very easy. So that is the one you can leave out when being selective on this front. Or if you can easily spot the option which takes in all major points of the paragraph, the do summary and leave out the PJs. In any scenario, odd one out must be attempted, after all, typing just one number costs you nothing.
Download: InsideIIM's Quantitative Aptitude Formula Book
Things to look out for :
1. In RCs, take extra care while reading questions like "The author suggests all of these EXCEPT" or "NONE of these are TRUE other than" or "ALL of them are FALSE according to the passage BUT". These are keywords and change the course of your answer completely.
2. Always keep an eye on the timer, and as soon as you've exceeded the safe limit of 8 minutes on an RC, speed things up, and if the questions appear too difficult, you can maybe skip and return to the question later if time permits.
3. In para summary, look for the X Y Z points and eliminate the ones that are missing either one or more of them. Elimination works better than selection here.
Is Your Profile Good Enough To Make It To The Top B-Schools In The Country? Check InsideIIM's AI-Driven Profile Evaluation Tool!
My two cents : While devising a strategy is a good thing you should do, always remember the unpredictable nature of CAT. It might also be that all 4 RCs are super easy or that 3 of them are way too difficult. It can be that out of the blue they start giving grammar questions, or complete the sentence with the best possible match. So in that case, the single most thing that will stand out is your calm and adaptability to such a situation. Hence, even no strategy is a good strategy then.
Till then, stay true to the prep.
- "From An ICU To Scoring 99.83%ile In CAT" - How Shashwat Made It To IIM Calcutta Against All Odds - https://bit.ly/3Qucdev
- CAT 2021 Score Vs. Percentile - Check Details Here - https://bit.ly/3JYUI3n
- I Couldn’t Believe My Eyes When I Saw A 100%ile Against The VARC Section, Ft. Aditya Doiphode, CAT’21 VARC 100%iler - https://bit.ly/3Ap8adF
- CAT 2022 Study Plan For Students And Working Professionals - https://bit.ly/3BWqRH5
CAT Notification is released, Now is the time you take your preparation seriously and go the extra mile. To aid CAT aspirants, we have compiled a few sectional tests as a giveaway. Take them now and see how your accuracy turns out!
|VARC Sectional Test 13||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 12||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 11||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 10||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 9||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 8||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 7||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 6||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 5||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 4||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 3||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 2||Click here|
|VARC Sectional Test 1||Click here|