DILR has always been a tricky section. It is "The Game Changer". Often people are confused about which caselets to solve, how much time should one invest in each caselet, etc. Here are the best resources from current students in top management institutes that will help you in cracking the DILR section in CAT 2020:
- DI-LR Tips You Must Know Before CAT 2020 | Ft. Kritika Mittal, IIM Bangalore: Written by an IIM Bangalore student who raised her score from 84.41%ile in CAT 2018 to 99.5%ile in CAT 2019, this blog covers the "Golden Mantra" to DILR section with an example to help you understand better.
- Tackling the DILR Monster | Tips And Strategy By A 99.99 Percentiler: Giving a structured analysis of the entire section, this article covers a step-by-step approach to the section and very useful tips on how to choose a particular section. As rightly said by the author, "The game is not lost until it's over".
- How I Improved From 80 Percentile To 98.76 Percentile In DILR: Which one should you solve first? LR or DI? Are there no easy sets in the DILR section? Find the answer to these important questions and a few more unique suggestions in this article.
- How I Went From 71.6 %ile To 98.13 %ile In DILR Section: Another interesting strategy to handle the DILR section that will help you determine the difficulty level of each caselet and solve them accordingly.
- How To Score A 99 Percentile In The DI-LR Section - Tips From An IIM Ahmedabad Student: 10 amazing tips that were not just useful for DILR, but for any question in any of the 3 sections. This article also covers how the aspirant kept herself motivated throughout her journey.
- From Dreading LRDI To Scoring 99.45% In LRDI – Here’s How I Improved!: This article covers some more important questions to consider like, whether coaching is better or self-study? Mock tests are better or sectional tests? Do's and don'ts of preparation for LRDI and some useful advice for CAT 2020 aspirants.
What Strategy Did I Follow?
When I started solving the DILR section in mock tests as well as in the final paper, I checked all the caselets first and selected which ones I had to solve first. Then I read one caselet thoroughly and solved all the questions in a particular caselet. I aimed at solving 2-3 questions from each caselet OR solving at least 5 caselets completely. I scored 99.81%ile in DILR in my first attempt itself.
I know it's not possible to implement all these tips and tricks in the short span of one month you've got. But you must read these and see which one might work for you. It is also not necessary that the same strategy works for you in all the mock tests, but it is important to find out which strategy you are most comfortable in, which one helps you in becoming more effective and efficient and stick to that one for the upcoming days.
Hope this was helpful. All the Best for CAT 2020!
You May Also Be Interested In Reading:
For many aspirants, DILR is still a tough nut to crack. DILR questions are highly unpredictable and confusing. Are you someone who is struggling to find ways to navigate through this section? Well, this video might help you out. In this video, we list down 6 tips that you can apply to your daily practice and improve your DILR score.