In this video, Dr. Himanshu Rai, Director at IIM Indore, Ex-Faculty at XLRI, IIM L, SDA Bocconi, Ex-Tata Steel, IIM A Alumni, talks to us about spearheading one of India’s elite educational institutes, IIM Indore. Learn about the vision and mission of a b-school like IIM Indore, the importance of social enterprise, and how the Vedas and scriptures have valuable management lessons from Dr. Rai.
Summary of the video
Dr. Rai talks about the mission statement of IIM Indore, and just how the institute follows up on this. He shares how IIM Indore has been instrumental in making Indore the cleanest city in India. He shares the impact of the Rural Immersion Program offered at IIM Indore to students. He talks about how students get the unique opportunity to stay with rural families and understand their unique problems. He talks about encouraging and enabling students to find solutions to problems of governance, administration and other areas of social responsibility.
Next Dr. Rai shares unique insight into management theory and practice via the lens of Indian scriptures and Vedas. Being a Yoga practitioner, he shares how great leaders are also true yogis. He talks at length about learning Vedas as a child and his thoughts and beliefs were shaped accordingly. He gives us a unique glimpse into management lessons, lessons on negotiation, etc that can be derived from the scriptures.
With a refreshing perspective and developed vision, Dr. Rai helps us understand what makes b-school education so important. To end it, he talks about the IPM program offered by IIM Indore. As an educator, Dr. Rai explains why and how this program came to be. He shares the unique features of this program offered by IIM Indore. If you want to know what shapes the careers of leaders who graduate from top IIMs like IIM Indore, this is a must-watch for you.
1. Solving local problems at the school level, done by the students themselves, lead to better decision-makers and leader for the future.
2. A true yogi, like Krishna, would carry out his or her worldly duties; yet could be detached from it all.
3. A true leader, almost always, has to be a yogi.
4. Yoga is a communion of the body, mind and soul.
5. The IIM Indore IPM program aims at preparing students from various backgrounds with a focus not just on management, but in arts, commerce and science as well.