IIFT has released the final placement report for the MBA batch of 2020! This final placements season at IIFT was tremendously successful, with 107 recruiters hiring from the institute. Companies like McKinsey & Company, HDFC Bank, and Reckitt Benckiser were first time recruiters at IIFT this placement season. The overall average compensation offered to the batch also saw an increase over the previous year despite a decrease in the highest international CTC. These are important highlights from the IIFT final placement report for the MBA in International Business students from the 2020 batch.
IIFT Final Placements 2020 - Key Highlights From The Placement Report
- The highest domestic offer at IIFT stood at INR 46.45 LPA.
- The highest international offer at IIFT stood at INR 75.00 LPA. Over the past 5 years, the highest CTC at IIFT has stood at $150,000, i.e., over INR 1 crore. This year, the highest international offer has seen a drop.
- The average overall compensation offered was INR 20.48 LPA, an increase over last year’s average of 20.07 LPA.
- The median salary offered to the MBA (IB) batch stood at INR 18.20 LPA, marginally increasing over previous year's INR 18.00 LPA figure.
- The placement season was buoyed by 93 PPOs, exactly the same as last year, offered by major recruiters. These included ABFRL, Airtel, Axis Bank, Bajaj Auto, Bain Capability Network, Citibank, GE, Goldman Sachs, HT Media, ICICI, JPMC, KPMG, Louis Dreyfus, Maersk Line, OfBusiness, Shell, Tata Metaliks, Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Wipro Technologies and Yes Bank.
- Some of the first time recruiters at IIFT this season included HDFC Bank, RBL Bank, Federal Bank, McKinsey & Company, Biocon, Reckitt Benckiser, Tata Consumer Products Limited, Signify, Cremica, HMS Bergbau AG, Star Global LLC, Delhivery, Ninjacart, Sobha Reality, JSW, Media.net, Polestar, Virtusa, Birlasoft and Tech Mahindra
- 35% of the batch was placed in Consulting, IT, Analytics roles, followed by 17% in FMCG/FMCD roles.
IIFT Final Placements 2020 - Quick Facts
IIFT Final Placements 2020 - Sector Wise Placement Statistics
The following graph captures a sector-wise split of offers from various sectors, including Consulting, BFSI, Consumer Goods/Durables, and E-commerce amongst others. The data provided below has been obtained from the official IIFT Final Placement report for the MBA (IB) batch of 2020.
IIFT Final Placements 2020 - Historical Salary + Recruitment Trends
The bar graph below captures historical salary + recruitment data over the past 5 years, as provided in IIFT's official placement reports. Unfortunately, since IIFT has not consistently provided data points like median salary (missing for 2016 and 2017) and highest domestic CTC (missing for 2019), this information could not be captured in the chart below and has been marked '0.00'.
IIFT Final Placements 2020 - Companies Offering Roles In The BFSI, Consulting & Strategy Sectors
HDFC Bank, RBL Bank, Federal Bank were among the new recruiters at IIFT. GE hired for its prestigious Financial Management Program from IIFT. ICICI Bank recruited in large numbers as well. Marquee recruiters such as Goldman Sachs ,HSBC, JPMC, Yes Bank, Citi Bank, ICICI Bank and DE Shaw hired for their coveted roles such as investment banking, corporate treasury, transaction banking group, multinational corporate banking, financial analyst roles.
McKinsey & Company, BOD Consulting, Biocon and I-PAC were first time recruiters at IIFT this year. Roland Berger and Bain Capability Network hired for management consulting roles. Axtria, Cognizant Business Consulting, Infosys Consulting, EXL Service and Michael Page offered consulting and analytics roles.
IIFT Final Placements 2020 - Companies Offering Roles In Sales & Marketing, Trade & Operations
Reckitt Benckiser, Tata Consumer Product Limited, Signify, Philips, Western Digital, Cremica, Boston Scientific & Hero Electronix were first time recruiters at IIFT. E-commerce giants Amazon and Flipkart continued to offer various roles to the students. Automobile and industrial sector saw stellar placements as Bajaj Auto, Hero MotoCorp, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, TVS, Tata Steel, L&T, JSW & Metal Power hired from IIFT.
HMS Bergbau AG, Star Global LLC, Delhivery, Ninjacart and Quick Ride were first time recruiters in the operations domain at IIFT. Maersk Line, Tata Steel, Shell, Vikram Solar and Gemini Corporation offered supply chain and operation roles. ETG, Olam, Tolaram, Aegis, Louis Dreyfus Company, Archer Daniels Midland, Enhance Group, and Tata International offered coveted trade roles.
IIFT Final Placements 2020 - Companies Offering Roles In General Management, IT and IT Services
Sobha Realty, JSW and Moglix hired for their General Management Roles for the first time from IIFT. Mahindra & Mahindra recruiting for its prestigious GMC role and Axis Bank hiring students for its General Management profile. Airtel recruited for its prestigious Airtel Young Leaders Program while Reliance recruited for its Reliance Emerging Leaders Program.
Industry demands saw new additions to the portfolio in the form of Media.net, Polestar, Virtusa, Birlasoft, IGT Solutions, Cvent, Gemini Solutions and Tech Mahindra to name a few. Microsoft and GO MMT offered roles for Product Manager and Program Manager. Google offered its coveted Digital Marketing strategy role at IIFT.
Latest Placement Reports You Can Read Next
- SBM-NMIMS Mumbai Final Placement Report For The MBA Class of 2020
- TISS Mumbai Final Placement Report 2020 | HRM And LR Class of 2020
- Consulting And Strategy Most Sought-After At IIM Shillong - Final Placement Report, PGP Class of 2020