Results for most top business schools are now out! Recently, the CAP IIMs, IIM Rohtak, IIFT, and SIBM Pune released their merit lists for admission to their respective flagship management programs. If you've been shortlisted by any of these institutes, we congratulate you on your achievement! Now, it's time for decision making - which b-school should you choose to prepare yourself for a career in management? This b-school comparison between IIFT Delhi, SIBM Pune, and new IIMs aims to help you answer this loaded question.
This analysis is based purely on the graduation outcome of an MBA from any of these institutes, i.e., placements offered, ROI, and companies on campus. Rankings have also been included as a factor for comparison to provide an overview of the brand equity of these b-schools. Factors such as campus life and culture, course structure, infrastructure, exchange opportunities, and alumni network have not been included in this analysis.
IIFT Delhi vs SIBM Pune vs New CAP IIMs – Flagship Programs, Scores Accepted
|B-School||Programme Offered||Programme Duration||Scores Accepted|
|IIFT Delhi||MBA (International Business)||24 months||IIFT|
|SIBM Pune||MBA||24 months||SNAP|
|IIM Udaipur||MBA||24 Months||CAT|
|IIM Rohtak||MBA||24 Months||CAT|
|IIM Trichy||MBA||24 Months||CAT|
|IIM Ranchi||MBA||24 Months||CAT|
|IIM Raipur||MBA||24 Months||CAT|
|IIM Kashipur||MBA||24 Months||CAT|
IIFT Delhi vs SIBM Pune vs CAP IIMs - Rankings
|B-School||InsideIIM MBA Rankings 2020||InsideIIM MBA Rankings 2019||MHRD NIRF 2019|
The two rankings show entirely different pictures. If one considers ‘desirability’ as a component to select a b-school, then IIFT Delhi comes at the top. This means, MBA aspirants consider the b-school in the same league as other top-IIMs. However, when it comes to graduation outcomes (NIRF rankings), SIBM Pune is miles ahead of IIFT Delhi, followed by IIM Udaipur and IIM Trichy.
IIFT Delhi vs SIBM Pune Vs. CAP IIMs – Placements, Return on Investment
Return on Investment (RoI) is one of the most important factors for aspirants when they are selecting a business school. No one wants to end up with a massive amount of loan that may take more than half a decade to pay back.
In the table below, look into placement figures to get a clear idea of what to expect in terms of RoI from IIFT Delhi, SIBM Pune and CAP IIMs.
|B-School||Fees||Highest CTC||Average CTC||Median CTC|
|IIFT Delhi||Rs. 17.82 lakhs||Rs. 1.00 crore+||Rs. 20.07 lakhs||Rs. 18.00 lakhs|
|SIBM Pune||Rs. 20.35 lakhs||Rs. 34.26 lakhs||Rs.20.14 lakhs||Rs. 18.50 lakhs|
|IIM Udaipur||Rs 16.92 lakhs||Rs. 27.5 lakhs||Rs. 13.20 lakhs||Rs. 12.50 lakhs|
|IIM Rohtak||Rs 15.20 lakhs||Rs.24.12 lakhs||Rs. 13.70 lakhs||Rs 13 lakh|
|IIM Trichy||Rs 11.90 lakhs||Rs 25.15 lakhs||Rs. 14.96 lakhs||Rs. 13.32 lakhs|
|IIM Raipur||Rs. 14.20 lakhs||Rs. 22.05 lakhs||Rs. 12.45 lakhs||Rs. 12.15 lakhs|
|IIM Ranchi||Rs. 15.30 lakhs||Rs. 22.37 lakhs||Rs. 15.11 lakhs||Rs. 14.82 lakhs|
|IIM Kashipur||Rs. 7.51 lakhs||Rs. 45.00 lakhs||Rs. 13.82 lakhs||Rs 12.04 lakhs|
* The average CTC data for IIFT, IIM Udaipur and IIM Raipur is for the Class of 2019 rest is for class 2020.
*The fees has been updated with the most current data.
In terms of RoI, IIFT Delhi seems to be a better option based on the comparison between the median CTC and the latest program fee.
- The class of 2019 had 279 students who got placed across 98 companies with 32 new recruiters participating in the drive.
- The highest CTC offered crossed Rs. 1 Crore and several students received compensations over Rs. 75 LPA.
- The average CTC was 20.07 LPA compared to 19.23 LPA last year.
- There were also 93 PPOs offered by major recruiters such as ABFRL, Airtel, Amazon, Axis Bank, Bajaj Auto, Bain Capability Network, Britannia, Citibank, GE, GEP, Godrej, Goldman Sachs, HP, HT Media, IVP, ICICI, Infoedge, ITC, JPMC, KPMG, Louis Dreyfus, Maersk Line, Marico, OfBusiness, Piramal, PPG Asian Paints, Royal Enfield, RPG, Shell, Synergy Consulting, Tata Metaliks, Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Wipro Technologies and Yes Bank.
- GE Healthcare also opened its coveted Commercial Leadership Program for the first time.
- The highest CTC in SIBM Pune placements stood at Rs. 34.26 lakhs per annum, an 18% increase from the previous year.
- The average CTC stood at Rs. 20.14 lakhs per annum, a 15% increase from the previous year.
- The average CTC for the top 50 offers stood at Rs. 27.18 lakhs per annum, a 14% increase from the previous year.
- The average CTC for the top 100 offers stood at Rs. 23.59 lakhs per annum, nearly a 15% increase from the previous year.
- The average CTC for the top 150 offers stood at Rs. 21.44 lakhs per annum, nearly a 14% increase from the previous year.
- The median CTC stood at Rs. 18.50 lakhs per annum, nearly a 14% increase from the previous year.
- The average CTC for female students stood at Rs. 20.27 lakhs per annum, while the average CTC for male students stood at Rs. 20.08 lakhs per annum.
- Highest Domestic CTC - Rs. 27.5 lakhs p.a., a 41% increase compared to the previous year.
- Popular Recruiters: Aditya Birla Capital, Accenture Strategy, Accenture Technology, Amul, Axis Bank, Bajaj Auto, Berger Paints, Cognizant, Cummins, Deloitte, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, ICICI Lombard, Infosys BPM, ITC Infotech, KPMG, Landmark Group, L&T, MAQ Software, Quikr, Rural Electrification Corporation Limited, Tata Advanced Systems,
- New recruiters also included Little Artists, MarketsandMarkets, Marico, Maruti Suzuki, Oyo Weddingz, Reliance Home Finance, and Zydus Cadila among others.
- The largest numbers of offers were made in the BFSI sector, followed by Consulting.
- 4 International companies participated in Placement 2019 at IIM Udaipur; these companies recruited 9 students.
- Class of 2020 had 236 students and were placed by 98+ firms.
- The highest domestic CTC that was offered is Rs. 24 LPA and the average were Rs. 13. 07 LPA.
- More than 28.7% of the students bagged offers in the consulting domain from the best of firms. 27.7% of the batch being offered roles in sales and marketing domain.
- Companies in the IT sector offered 32% of the roles. The BFSI sector offered roles to 18% of the batch including roles such as Credit Analyst, Financial Analyst, etc.
- Top recruiters were Capgemini, Kent, Byju, Amazon, IBM, EY, Deloitte, KPMG, Cognizant, Dabur, Accenture, Amul, ICICI Bank, Infosys, Yes Bank, Axtria and HDFC bank.
- In 2019’s final placement process 173 students participated.
- Recruiter participation was 119.
- The highest domestic salary offered has gone up to Rs.25 lakhs.
- Average CTC of students placed in the Finance domain increased by an exceptional 18% over last year.
- There was a 12% increase in median CTC.
- Most of the hiring was done by the Consulting & Analytics domain.
- Top Recruiters include JP Morgan Chase, Deloitte, L&T, Cognizant, ICICI Bank, Avalon Consulting, HCL.
- Total student participation 200.
- Average Salary this year was Rs.14.53 LPA in 2019, it was Rs.12.45 LPA last year.
- Highest Salary was Rs.24.06 LPA in 2019, it was Rs.22.05 LPA last year.
- 150 recruiters participated this year out of which 50 were new recruiters.
- The highest salary was offered by the BFSI sector followed by Consulting, Manufacturing and IT.
- Top Recruiters Include Adfactors PR, Accenture, Cognizant, Deloitte, Indigo, Mahindra Logistics, OYO, TAS, etc.
- A total of 94 companies, including 71 first-time recruiters, extended 181 offers to the Class of 2020 at IIM Ranchi.
- Total students who participated in this placement season were 181.
- Top brands on campus included Amazon, Deloitte, KPMG, Accenture, YES Bank, TATA Steel, and IBM among others.
- 41% of the batch opted for Sales and marketing roles.
- 19% of the batch opted for Finance roles.
- 16% of the batch opted for Operations roles.
- 9% of the batch opted for roles in Strategy & Consulting.
- This year saw the participation of from 96 esteemed organizations, offering 252 roles.
- Total student participation was 249.
- Highest domestic CTC is at Rs. 45 lakhs p.a. There is a 52% increase from last year.
- Average CTC stood at Rs. 13.82 lakhs per annum.
- Top brands included Reliance Jio, EY, Deloitte, Tata Motors, OYO Rooms, HDFC Bank, GMR Group, KPMG, and Godrej & Boyce amongst others.
- IT and Analytics (31%) was the most sought after role, followed by Sales and Marketing (27%) and finance (14%).
IIFT Delhi vs SIBM Pune vs New CAP IIMs – Conclusion
After considering all things, it is clear that in terms of ranking, ROI and placements IIFT Delhi is the clear winner. In terms of the effectiveness of core teaching/learning, and its effect on the student graduation rate and finding appropriate placement in industry SIBM Pune is slightly ahead. New CAP IIMs are a little behind in the b-school race. However, IIM Ranchi, IIM Trichy and IIM Udaipur do have a greater chance of catching up.
Based on all this information though, we can safely assume that based on the domain you wish to pursue and the career you wish to build, all these b-schools offer lucrative opportunities via placements. Ultimately, they all will give you a good future and a better quality of life with a good RoI. It all, therefore, depends on your priorities as to which school you should pick, based on offers you may get.
Also, check out -