IIM Bangalore has successfully completed summer placements for its MBA batch of 2019-2021. The IIM B summer placements process saw participation from preeminent recruiters across various industries, with the highest number of offers for Consulting roles, followed by roles in the BFSI sector. This report covers the details of the summer placements process at IIM Bangalore in 2019.
IIM Bangalore Summer Placements 2019 - Key Highlights
- A total of 437 students of the MBA Class of 2021 at IIM Bangalore were recruited during the summer placements process conducted in October 2019.
- A total of 456 summer internship offers were made to the Class of 2021 at IIM Bangalore. Roles offered included Business Analytics, Consulting, E-Commerce, Finance, General Management, IT/Product Management, Operations, Retail and Sales and Marketing.
- A total of 127 offers were made for the Consulting domain, making it the most sought-after role yet again for the students at IIM B. The highest number of offers for Consulting were made by Bain & Company (19 offers), followed by Accenture Strategy (18 offers), and BCG (13 offers). Offers by the MBB firms accounted for nearly 35% of the total number of offers for Consulting roles.
- Roles in the BFSI sector were the second most sought-after for the Class of 2021 at IIM Bangalore, with a total of 72 summer internship opportunities offered by industry giants like Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Bank of America, and Citibank, among others. Goldman Sachs was the top recruiter in this sector, with 13 offers, followed by Avendus Capital with 7 offers, followed by Citibank with 5 offers.
- Offers for summer internship opportunities in the E-commerce sector saw a decline of over 50%, with 33 offers made by market leaders like Amazon, Flipkart, Cloudtail, and OLX among others. In comparison, the Class of 2020 received a total of 71 offers from the E-commerce sector. Amazon was, yet again, the leading recruiter in this sector with a total of 24 offers.
- Sales & Marketing was also a highly sought-after role in 2019 at the IIM Bangalore campus, with a total of 79 Marketing & Sales roles offered by top brands across Consumer Goods/Durables, Telecom, Automobile, and other industries. AB InBev and Vodafone Idea Limited offered the maximum number of Sales & Marketing roles (7 each), followed by 5 offers each from Bajaj Auto, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Mondelez, and P&G.
- 40 Leadership Track and General Management roles were by international as well as Indian conglomerates and business groups, such as TAS (5 offers), ABG, (4 offer), CK Birla Group (4 offers), and Vedanta Group (4 offers) amongst others.
- A total of 58 offers were made in the domain of IT and Product Management, with Microsoft as the leading recruiter for this role with a total of 10 summer internship offers.
IIM Bangalore has not made the stipend details available in their summer placements report for the PGP Class of 2019-2021.
This is a members-only content. Please register for FREE to view this EXCLUSIVE content.