How Can I Get A Call From IIM Kozhikode | PGP 2019 – 2021
The IIM Kozhikode Selection Criteria 2018 has been released on the IIM-K official website.
Highlights of the selection criteria –
– As compared to last year, IIM Kozhikode has removed the following components for the Essay Writing – Personal Interview shortlisting phase:
a) Graduation Marks
b) Work Experience
c) Gender Diversity (Owing to the 60 seats reserved for female candidates)
– IIM Kozhikode has also increased the weight for Class XIIth marks, from 7.5% to 20%, a colossal jump of 12.5 percentage points.
– As compared to last year, IIM Kozhikode has changed the weight for the following components of the Final Shortlisting criteria –
a) CAT score weight has increased from 35% to 40%.
b) Personal Interview weight has reduced from 45% to 30%
c) The Group Discussion-Writing Ability Test has been replaced with the Essay Writing component and has a weight of 20%.
d) The Quality of Work Experience component has been replaced with weight for a candidate’s Resume (10%).
Read the complete IIM Kozhikode selection criteria 2018 below.
IIM Kozhikode Selection Criteria 2018
Stage 1 – Pre-Interview Registration
Stage 1 comprises the selection of candidates based on the minimum CAT cut-off, as set by IIM Kozhikode –
|Category||VA-RC||DI-LR||QA||CAT Score Percentile||Class 10th Percentage||Class 12th Percentage|
Candidates who meet the minimum CAT cut-offs and have opted for IIM Kozhikode in their CAT application form will receive a registration e-mail for online admission to IIM Kozhikode. This is not a call for the interview round but is merely a pre-interview registration process.
Stage 2 – Shortlisting For Personal Interview
After Stage 1, candidates who have registered will be shortlisted for Stage 3 based on their Aggregate Index Score, which will be based on the candidate’s Class 12th Marks, CAT 2018 scales score, and academic diversity.
The following are the weights for the aforementioned components, as per the IIM Kozhikode Selection Criteria 2018 –
|CAT 2018 Index Score||75%|
Points to be observed –
- For the PGP Batch of 2019-2021, the number of shortlisted candidates will be decided by the institute, based on the planned batch size for the Class of 2021.
- Applicants who have pursued a degree apart from Engineering/Technology will be eligible for Academic Diversity points.
Stage 3 – Final Shortlisting
Candidates who have been shortlisted for the Personal Interview round will have to undergo a Writing Ability Test round (the topic for which will be announced just before the WAT/Essay Writing), followed by the Personal Interview and Resume evaluation.
The Resume of the candidate will be evaluated on the following basis –
a) length and depth of work experience
b) quality of academic and professional qualifications
c) managerial and leadership attributes
d) exceptional academic, co-curricular and extracurricular achievements
“During the PI, the panel will evaluate the academic efforts and disposition, general awareness and social disposition, attitude and personality and articulation and communication of each candidate.” – IIM Kozhikode
The Final Shortlisting Criteria are as follows, as per the IIM Kozhikode Selection Criteria 2018-
|CAT 2018 Index Score||40%|
Based on these weights, the final composite score will be computed, and the candidates will be sent admission offers.
“For the 60 supernumerary seats for female applicants, the selection process will be done in the above mentioned 3 stages and will be restricted only to women.”
Important Dates –
- The announcement of the list of shortlisted candidates for stage 2 – Last week of January 2019.
- The announcement of the Final Merit List – Last week of April/First week of May 2019.
The Verdict –
IIM Kozhikode is the only IIM to have made significant changes to their selection criteria for the PGP Class of 2021.
The removal of Graduation marks will come as a relief to the majority of applicants since these scores are usually the lowest of the lot. The absence of work experience component will also come as a relief to freshers looking to enter God’s Own Kampus in the year 2019. The removal of weight for gender diversity was expected, owing to the 60 Supernumerary seats allotted by IIM K for female applicants. With 75% weight for CAT 2018 score, CAT remains the most important component to get a call from IIM Kozhikode.
For the Final shortlisting, there will be no Group Discussion round for the 2019 interview rounds, and the process will be focused solely on a candidate’s essay writing ability and performance in the Personal Interview. With the introduction of Resume evaluation (no longer restricted to the quality of work experience), expect to be grilled on every single bullet point on your Curriculum Vitae.
Also read –
- How Can I Get A Call From IIM Ahmedabad – CAT 2018 | PGP 2019 – 2021
- How Can I Get A Call From IIM Bangalore | PGP 2019 – 2021
- How Can I Get An Interview Call From IIM Calcutta – CAT 2018 – PGP 2019 – 202
- How Can I Get A Call From IIM Lucknow | CAT 2018 – PGP Batch 2019-2021
- How Can I Get A Call From IIM Indore | PGP Batch 2019-2021
- How Can I Get A Call From MICA | PGDM-C 2019 – 2021
- How Can I Get A Call From IIM Kashipur | PGP 2019 – 2021
- How Can I Get A Call From IIM Udaipur | PGPM 2019 – 2021