Just a few days before CAT 2019, an interesting surprise is your way. IIM Rohtak has decided to opt-out of the CAP 2019. IIM Rohtak admission criteria 2019 has just been announced and will be different than the CAP 2019. Check the implications of the same below!
Highlights Of IIM Rohtak 2019 Admission Criteria
- IIM Rohtak opts out of the Common Admissions Process or CAP for its PGP batch of 2020-22.
- Previously, due to CAP, aspirants had to participate for a single interview in order to get shortlisted for any of the new IIMs. But now, aspirants will have to appear for 2 interviews, one under CAP for other New IIMs and one for IIM Rohtak.
- Gender and academic diversity get a 20% weightage in the final selection, while CAT percentile accounts for 45% weightage and WAT/PI account for 35% weightage.
In order to augment academic and gender diversity, IIM Rohtak opts out of the CAP process this year. To understand this properly, let’s look at the rough outline of the process followed via CAP.
- The individual IIMs will prepare the shortlisted names based on certain criteria. The combined list will be sent to IIM Ranchi which will follow the CAP 2019 for all new IIMs.
- From this combined list, candidates will be called for the Writing Ability Test (WAT), and Personal Interview (PI).
- The WAT, PI will be conducted by the new IIMs combined and on a common mode. (The GD is not applicable for the new IIMs).
- Each IIM will combine the following scores i.e. WAT, PI, CAT 2019, Profile of those candidates shortlisted by them and make their individual merit list and after that make the final offers to the candidates.
- The final list of the candidates will be derived by the particular new IIM according to its own criteria and the same will be displayed on its respective websites.
- Candidates are informed that going through the CAP 2019-WAT &PI is mandatory for all the shortlisted candidates. The scores of the older IIMs will not in any way be considered.
Now let’s go through the updated IIM Rohtak admission criteria. This is divided into 5 stages.
Stage I - Online Registration for PGP Admission 2020-22 batch, IIM Rohtak.
The first shortlisting of candidates will be based on minimum section-wise and aggregate percentile scores in the CAT 2019 as mentioned in Table-1 below.
Common shortlisting criteria based on CAT Exam Score-2019:
|Category||Quantitative Aptitude (QA) Percentile||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI-LR) Percentile||Verbal & Reading Comprehension (VARC) Percentile||Total (Overall)|
|General / EWS||70||70||70||95|
The candidates who have selected IIM Rohtak as one of their preferences in the CAT 2019 form, will be invited for online registration for PGP Admission process 2020 during the second week of January 2020. Shortlisted candidates will receive an email with a web-link for online registration in PGP 2020-22 batch.
Shortlisted candidates under IIM Rohtak Admission criteria will receive a confirmation by the 3rd week of January.
Stage II- Written Analysis Test (WAT) & Personal Interview (PI) for IIM Rohtak Selection Criteria
The candidates, who have submitted the application forms and registration fees by the stipulated date and time, will be considered and invited (as per merit) for the Written Analysis & Personal Interview (WAT &PI) in Stage-II.
All shortlisted candidates at State I, will appear in Stage II (WAT & PI). WAT & PI will be conducted in Delhi, Rohtak, Mumbai, Kolkata & Bangalore. The sharing of WAT PI details will happen in the 1st week of February 2020. WAT and PI will be conducted in the 2-4th weeks of February 2020.
Stage III - The Final Selection List based on CAT, WAT, PI & Diversity scores for IIM Rohtak Admission Criteria
|CAT Total Score (Scaled to 100)||45%|
|WAT + PI||35%|
|Academic + Gender Diversity||20%|
A weight of 45% will be assigned to CAT Total Score (Scaled to 100). A weight of 35% will be given to WAT & PI Score. Further, for Academic Diversity and Gender diversity, candidates will be given a weight of 20%.
Stage IV – Offer for Provisional Admission for the PGP Programme 2020-22 batch
Based on the final selection criteria, offers of admissions will be made.
Stage V – Reporting for joining the PGP programme 2020-22 (Batch –XI)
If selected, documents verified, etc - you’ll be a student at IIM Rohtak!
IIM Rohtak's decision to opt-out of the CAP process comes as a double-edged sword to aspirants. On one hand, appearing just for the CAP process in a way ensures that an aspirant can make it to one or more of the new IIMs. Now, they'll have to appear for an additional interview for IIM Rohtak. On the other hand, an additional interview works as a boon - even if the CAP process doesn't go as per expectations, the aspirant will still have another go to make to a new IIM.
But, for now, please focus on CAT. We'd advise you all to go through the ultimate CAT prep guide and percentile predictor before you appear for CAT.
Also, check out FAQs About CAT And CAT Exam Centres
Wishing you all the best for CAT!