IIM Shillong's final placement report has now been released by the institute! This year, despite the pandemic and its effects on the job market, IIM Shillong registered an increase in the average and median salary offered to the PGP batch. However, as has been the case at most business schools this year, the growth in salaries has been marginal as compared to previous years. As compared to last year, there has been a dip of over 8 percent in the average of the top-20 percent of salaries offered to the batch. Once again, half the batch has chosen either Consulting or Sales and Marketing roles to begin their careers in management. Here are some key highlights from IIM Shillong's 2021 final placement report.
Five Key Highlights From IIM Shillong's 2021 Final Placement Report
- This year, the highest salary offered to the batch stood at INR 32.00 lakhs. Last year, the highest salary offered was INR 48.50 lakhs.
- The average salary for the batch stood at INR 19.17 lakhs which was increase of just over 2 percent as compared to last year.
- The median salary for the batch stood at INR 17.50 lakhs, an uptick of about 2 percent as compared to last year.
- As was the case last year, Consulting, Sales and Marketing and Finance were (in that order) the three most sought after domains for the batch at IIM Shillong. About 52 percent of the batch opted for Consulting or Sales and Marketing roles this year.
- A total of 64 recruiters participated in the final placement process this year, including top brands like Bain & Company, BCG, Google, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Amazon, Mahindra Group, Aditya Birla Group, and Tata Steel amongst others.
Bain & Company, BCG, Goldman Sachs, JPMC Participate In IIM Shillong's 2021 Final Placement Process
Consulting and Strategy emerged as the most sought after domain, accounting for 27% of the total offers received. Various roles offered included Advisory, Business Development, Corporate Strategy, and Strategy & Operations. Bain & Company, Cognizant, EY and Optum (United Health Group) continued their association with IIM Shillong, offering coveted profiles to students. First time recruiters included Amagi Media Labs, Boston Consulting Group, Indegene, Infosys Consulting, InMobi, MuSigma, Nimbus Systems, Thoucentric and Zinnov.
19% of the participants received Finance offers in roles such as Corporate & Institutional Banking, Financial Operations, Investment Banking amongst others. Genpact, Mswipe, SBI Capital Markets and William O’Neil India partnered with the institution for the first time. Prominent recruiters such as D.E. Shaw, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Nomura Investment Bank, Tresvista, Vivriti Capital and YES Bank continued to recruit in large numbers.
One In Four IIM Shillong Students Opts For Sales And Marketing Role
Sales & Marketing accounted for 25% of the total offers received. Recruiters such as Capgemini, CASHe, Cognizant, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, ITC, Landmark Group (Splash), Mahindra & Mahindra, Pidilite Industries and Titan continued to bestow their faith in the acumen of the participants and recruited in large numbers. Atomberg, CollegeDunia, Google, iQuanti, RapidOps, Reddot Life Private Limited and SysCloud were amongst the first-time recruiters.
The General Management domain observed increased participation from recruiters including Aditya Birla Capital, Aditya Birla Group, Cognizant, Exeter Premedia, Feedback Infra, HSBC, ICICI Bank, InMobi, Tata AIA Life Insurance Co., Tech Mahindra, Trafigura, V2 Retail and Xiaomi from various sectors such as BFSI, Consulting, IT & Analytics, Manufacturing & Retail and Technology, Media & Telecommunication. This domain accounted for 11% of placements this year.
IIM Shillong Sees Participation From Amazon, PayTM, Tata Steel For HR Roles
Human Resources and Operations domain witnessed participation from distinguished companies like Aditya Birla Capital, Amazon, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Paytm, Reddot Life Private Limited, Tata Steel and Tata Steel BSL Limited that strengthened their alliance with the institution and offered prominent roles spanning across various sectors.
IT & Analytics domain witnessed participation from a host of recruiters including Amazon, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, Optum (UnitedHealth Group) and Zenoti offering diverse roles such as Business Consulting, Business Intelligence, Product Management, Product Specialist and Program Manager. Adobe, CarWale, MTX Group, Octro, SysCloud, Unicommerce and ZS Associates partnered with the institution for the first time.
You can read the complete placement report on IIM Shillong's official website.
You May Also Be Interested In Reading:
- IIM Bangalore's Final Placement Report Reveals Average And Median Salary Offered To Class of 2021
- XLRI Jamshedpur Final Placement Report | Average Pay Increases For Batch of 2021
- IIM Kozhikode Final Placement Report - Class of 2021 Goes After Consulting And Finance Jobs
- FMS Delhi Final Placements 2021 | 20 Lakhs+ Salary For Nearly 80 Percent of MBA Batch At FMS