IIM Shillong has successfully completed the summer placements process for its PGP class of 2021! This summer placements season, the institute saw a 17 percent jump in the average stipend offered, and saw participation from 68 recruiters hiring for various domains. The average stipend for the top-10 percent of the batch stood at INR 2.60 lakhs. This report will cover important highlights from the IIM Shillong summer placements 2021 report.
IIM Shillong Summer Placements 2021 - Important Highlights & Quick Facts
- The highest stipend stood at INR 3 lakhs and the average stipend at INR 1.31 lakhs - a jump of 17% from last year.
- The average stipend of top 10% of the batch stood at INR 2.60 lakhs.
- While, the top 20% and top 50% of the batch secured an average stipend of INR 2.36 lakhs and INR 1.67 lakhs respectively.
- The season witnessed participation from 68 recruiters, spanning across various domains
- Sales & Marketing continued to be the most sought-after domain, with 33% of the total offers made to the participants, followed by Consulting & Strategy (24%) and Finance (17%).
- Regular recruiters included AB InBev, Aditya Birla Group, Bajaj Finserv, Cognizant, D.E. Shaw, Droom, Emami Group, Fidelity Investments, Goldman Sachs, Google, GroupM, HSBC Bank, ICICI Bank, ITC, MetLife, Muthoot Fincorp, Nomura Investment Bank, Pidilite Industries, Tata Steel, Titan, UB Group, ValueLabs and Yes Bank.
- First-time recruiters included ABFRL, Bain Capability Network, Boston Consulting Group, Dalmia Cements, Deloitte India, Future Generali, IBM, Niine, Ninjacart, OLA Cabs, Pepsico, Qwixpert, Raam Group, Reliance Industries Limited, TATA Power, Tresvista, Ujjivan Small Finance Bank and Zenoti
- There was a 100% increase in the number of offers made in General Management with a 25% increase in the highest stipend offered
- Bain Capability Network, Pidilite Industries, Reliance Industries Limited and TATA Steel made the maximum number of offers this year
- The PGP 2019-21 batch with 39% female candidates and 42% of the batch from non-engineering background proudly boasts of its gender diversity along with academic and industrial experience diversity.
IIM Shillong Summer Placements 2021 - Top Recruiters For Consulting, Finance Roles
IIM Shillong Summer Placements 2021 - Top Recruiters For Sales & Marketing, General Management Roles
You may also be interested in viewing - Spondylitis Almost Shattered My Dreams, MBA Gave Me Hope - Dr. Chintan Gala, IIM Shillong
IIM Shillong Summer Placements 2021 - Top Recruiters For HR, Operations, IT/Analytics
Liked This? We Think You'll Also Like: