If you’ve landed yourself in a b-school this year, congratulations! It’s a great achievement. So what next? Well, there will be placements, internships, research projects, and lots more to look forward to. But, it’s 2020. The year of mishaps. With social distancing and a lack of diverse work opportunities, everyone in your batch will be competing for the same few virtual offerings. So here’s your chance to stand out. Announcing the launch of InsideIIM’s Student Team Hunt Competition 2020. Registrations are open!
- looking to earn a decent stipend (25-50K INR guys!)* while also learning some real growth hacking, content and digital marketing concepts or
- a marketing geek who wants to gain experience in content and digital marketing or
- a people person who likes to find out unique stories and experiences or
- looking for a sure-fire way to network with alumni, seniors and batch-mates across b-schools or just
- interested in writing
* The 25-50K stipend depends on completion of targets, as well as the quality of work you are able to produce, and will be disbursed at the end of your tenure.
What’s The InsideIIM Student Team
This is an exclusive program that will not only help you build your own brand but also give you hands-on experience in running a digital platform. InsideIIM is in the 6th year of the Exclusive Student Team Program. And applications for the same start today! Open only for 2020-2022 batch.
What’s Exclusive About This You Ask?
Every year, for the last 5 years, we’ve worked with some of the best B-school talents, as a part of InsideIIM’s Student Team. Besides, every year, we handpick 10-15 best students to be a part of this program. These are the champions who practically run the platform with their contributions and perspectives.
If you are asking how being a part of the InsideIIM Student Team helps you, here are some immediate benefits:
- You stand to earn a stipend between 25-50 K INR (based on completion of tasks assigned, targets achieved, at the end of the tenure) + an eCertificate
- Mention this achievement in your resume, LinkedIn to show off your knowledge
- Learn how to Design Content that is not only creative but also relevant
- Learn the basics of Content Marketing
- Use data to create fresh content
- Build your Personal Brand in the MBA space
- Become a Brand Ambassador for your b-school
- Stand out among your peers
- Assume the role of a mentor for your juniors and aspirants
- Learn what works and what doesn’t in the digital space
- You could become an influencer as well
So How Do You Register & Take Part In The Student Team Hunt 2020?
- Step 1: Download The Kampus App here: Android | IOS
- Step 2: Register on the App (Resume Upload is optional, but do share it for brownie points)
- Step 3: Go To The Competitions Section & Select “The Student Team Hunt 2020.”
- Step 4: Complete the quiz (a part of the registration process as well as Round 1 qualifier for this competition!)
- Step 5: Await our communication and check back on the designated date to see if you’ve qualified for Round 2!
- Step 6: Download the doc for Round 2 and complete the assignment in the given time, submit your assignment on InsideIIM!
- Step 7: Await our communication to know if you’ve qualified for Round 3!
- Step 8: Complete your Round 3 assignment in the given time and submit it on the Kampus App.
- Step 9: Await our communication to find out if you’ve been selected.
- Step 10: Get on a short interview call with InsideIIM’s Community Manager & Marketing Experts.
- Finally: Get results!
So what are the different rounds you ask?
Round 1: Registration & Quiz Round
Start Date: 14th August, 6 PM
17th August, 5 PM | 21st August, 5 PM (Extension! Hurray!)
- Download the Kampus App & finish registering on the app. Download it here: Android | IOS
- Note that uploading your resume is optional.
- Navigate to the “Competitions” section of the app and select the “Student Team Hunt 2020.”
- Click on the Round 1 drop down and complete the quiz within the stipulated time.
Round 2: Write A Story
Start Date: 21st August, 6 PM
28th August, 6 PM | 4th September, 6PM
Results To Be Declared On: 8th September, 6 PM
- Check back on the Kampus App on 21st August, post 6 PM, or 22nd August to view if the Round 2 button is active. If yes, congrats! You’ve qualified for Round 2! If no, better luck next time!
- Click on the Round 2 Section in the Kampus App and download the instruction document.
- Once done, read it carefully to understand the evaluation parameters and the topics therein.
- You basically then need to write an article (brownie points for well researched, data backed articles!) and upload it to insideiim.com.
- This round is designed to help us understand your writing ability, fluency as well as the quality of your logical reasoning and perception.
- For uploading your article - log in to insideiim.com, click on the write a story option from the menu and follow the instructions.
- Make sure to mention Student Team Hunt in the title!
- Once submitted, you’re done. Wait for our evaluation panel.
- If your article is shortlisted, you will be informed.
- Meanwhile, all articles will be published on insideiim.com.
Editor’s Note – One thing that InsideIIM truly stands for is Storytelling. There are a lot of websites that give out a lot of information-based and news-y articles. InsideIIM is that and more. We are all about stories and personal journeys. We try to marry data and content and weave those into stories that our audience can not only relate to but it also adds value to their life. If making a difference, even to one user, is what you are looking for, we would urge you to apply to this program.
Round 3: Create A Marketing/ Content Plan
Start Date: 8th September, 6 PM
Closing Date: 18th September, 6 PM
- Check back on the Kampus App on 8th September, post 6 PM, or 9th September to view if the Round 3 button is active. If yes, congrats! You’ve qualified for Round 3! If no, better luck next time!
- Once again, check the instructions for round 3 clearly and proceed to create a marketing plan to promote your b-school.
- Note that this plan does not have to be perfect. We are looking forward to your ability to research, find the right instructions, and use that information to create a logical, well thought out plan to promote your b-school in unique ways.
- You need to submit your plan as a PowerPoint presentation. All you have to do is upload it on the Kampus App by 18th September, 6 PM.
- Once done, if you qualify, you will be invited to explain your plan (as well as a short interview) with InsideIIM’s Community Manager & other Marketing Experts.
- If you manage to go through this, chances are, you’ll become a part of InsideIIM’s Student Team 2020!
Here Are Some Student Team Members’ Thoughts:
“Being a part of the student team at InsideIIM was the biggest B-School metamorphosis that happened to me. Not only did it teach me the nuances of content creation and digital analytics but also helped me establish a social standing in the aspirant community, the B-School fraternity and among the top recruiters. Most of all, it helped me fuel my passion to write and to self sponsor my Grad-Trip to Italy.”
- Pratik Ranjan Verma, IIM Lucknow (Class of 2017-2019). HUL PPO Holder, Currently Senior Associate at BCG.
“The student program made me a better writer and increased my knowledge about the MBA scenario in India. I realized what the budding aspirants wished to know and got the opportunity to give back to the CAT community. Strongly recommended :)”
- Akshaykumar Sirsalewala, IIM Kozhikode (Class of 2018-2020, Incoming PwC.)
" It was an amazing experience to work with the team. I learnt so much in the process - from understanding how to create topical content to using Google Analytics to increase user reach. One of the best parts was the plethora of opportunities it opened to talk to industry leaders in order to learn from their lives. I absolutely loved it."
-Tanya Shridhar, MICA Ahmedabad (Class of 2018-20, Currently MT at Titan)
Here's Some Articles By Previous Student Team Members You Might Like To Read: