- The highest stipend offered stood at INR 5.67 lakhs for two months.
- The average stipend stood at INR 2.05 lakhs - an 8.5% increase over the previous year.
- The average stipend for the top-10% of the batch stood at INR 3.18 lakhs.
- For the top-25% of the batch, the average stipend stood at INR 3.04 lakhs.
- The median stipend stood at INR 2.00 lakhs - an 18% increase over the previous year.
- A total of 57 companies participated in the summer placements process for the MMS class of 2019-2021 at JBIMS Mumbai.
- Companies in the BFSI and IB sector emerged as the largest recruiters for the batch of 2021 at JBIMS, with 37% of the batch opting for internships in this sector. 16% of the batch opted for internship roles in the E-commerce sector, while 14% of the batch opted for roles with Conglomerates.
Also read - Summer Placement Reports - Class of 2021 | Ft. FMS, XLRI, MDI, NITIE, IIFT, TISS, SIBM Pune
JBIMS Summer Placements 2021 - BFSI and IB Sector Companies Dominate In The Summer Placements Process
BFSI & IB sector was the largest recruiter at JBIMS, with about 37% of the batch bagging lucrative roles. Top recruiters in this sector were Aditya Birla Capital Limited, Axis Bank, Bajaj Finserv, Barclays, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, J.P. Morgan, Metlife, Standard Chartered, SBI Capital Markets and Yes Bank among others.
JBIMS Summer Placements 2021 - E-Commerce Emerges As One of The Most Sought-After Sectors For MMS Students
The E-commerce sector giants offered varied roles in General Management, Sales & Marketing and Operations. Renowned companies in this sector such as Amazon, Grofers and Ninjacart were a part of the placement process. Apart from this, other companies including Airtel, Cisco, Hexaware, TCS, Titan and Xiaomi offered roles in Corporate Finance, Sales & Marketing and General Management.
Also read - IIM Shillong's PGP Class of 2021 Receives Highest Stipend of INR 3 Lakhs - Summer Placement Report
JBIMS Summer Placements 2021 - 12% of The MMS Batch of 2021 Opts For Roles With FMCG & Pharma Companies
FMCG and Pharmaceutical companies such as Abbott, Amway, Castrol, Cochlear, Havmor, Hindustan Unilever Limited, Medtronic, PepsiCo and P&G offered attractive roles in Sales & Marketing, Corporate Finance and General Management. The Manufacturing and Conglomerate sectors witnessed participation from top recruiters such as Bridgestone, Dalmia Bharat, JSW, Piramal, Reliance Industries Limited, TAS, Tata Steel and Welspun.
JBIMS Summer Placements 2021 - Consulting Domain Sees Rise In Number of Participating Companies And Students Recruited
Consulting domain saw a rise in the number of companies for the process as well as the number of students recruited. 9% of the batch was hired by the consulting sector companies. Recruiters such as Accenture Strategy, BCG, Capgemini, PwC offered enticing roles providing an excellent opportunity to the students to work with premier consulting firms.
You may also like to read - IIM Kozhikode Summer Placement Report - PGP Class of 2021
A Glimpse At The MMS Class of 2021 At JBIMS Mumbai - Batch Profile
(Above) The MMS Class of 2021 at JBIMS Mumbai.
- The MMS batch of 2019-2021 at JBIMS Mumbai comprises 148 students, of which 19% are female candidates.
- 87% of the batch comprises Engineering graduates, 5% of the batch comprises Commerce graduates, and 4% of the batch comprises Management graduates.
- 28% of the batch has prior work experience of less than or equal to 12 months, while 42% of the batch has prior work experience of 13-24 months. 30% of the batch has work experience greater than 24 months.
- More than half the MMS class of 2021 at JBIMS is 23 to 24 years of age, and 6% of the batch comprises students 27+ years of age. 13% of the batch comprises students aged between 20-22 years.
Liked This? Here Are Reports Like This You May Want To Read Next
- Finance, Sales & Marketing Most Sought-After At IIM Indore In 2020 | Final Placements, MBA Class of 2020
- Consulting Most Sought-After Domain At IIM K - IIM Kozhikode Final Placement Report | PGP Class of 2020
- Final Placement Reports For The Class of 2020, Ft. IIM A, IIM C, FMS, XLRI, MDI Gurgaon
Planning on taking the MAH-CET to get admission to JBIMS - one of India's top business schools in 2020? Here are some unmissable tips from a CET 99.99 percentiler who made it to JBIMS Mumbai!