Moreover, you get to learn at your own pace and at your own comfort at a cost that is way lesser than what you’d require to pay at a college. Not to forget, certifications add vital credentials to your resume that can set you apart from the crowd when screened for a job. These aspects are crucial for working professionals and students who wish to learn but find themselves struggling when it comes to committing to a rigid, full-time learning setup.
What Do You Need To Look Out For When Enrolling Into A Digital Business Certification?
Now coming back to the question- how does one know which is the best certification program in Digital Business? We know there is an overwhelming number of programs out there and choosing THE ONE could be extremely confusing. Well, here’s something to help you out. Make sure that the program has the following 5 elements:
1. The Right Instructors: Certification programs typically finish within 7-12 months which means when you enroll for one, you are aiming at mastering the content of the course in a short span and need an instructor who knows how to cut down the clutter and condense down their knowledge and experience precisely in every session. And therefore, the quality of the teaching faculty is something you should never compromise with. These programs are also a good place to find yourself a mentor, and who would be a better mentor than the instructors who are industry experts? So, before you make the first move toward enrolling in the program, make sure you do the following:
- Get familiar with the background of the instructor. Check out their social media accounts and LinkedIn to know them well.
- You can also request a demo session with them to know more about their teaching style. Many platforms offering certification programs keep conducting Q&A sessions or webinars with their instructors. You might want to attend them to test the waters.
- Read alumni testimonials and make note of any special mentions of the instructors of the program.
2. Live projects & internship opportunities: Applying the skills and knowledge you acquire through any program in real life will enhance your understanding of the domain. You will get more clarity about the pros and cons of the different aspects of the career path and also get a chance to test your skills. Not to forget, these projects and internships will help you expand your network and your efforts might get spotted by the organizations you work with. Apart from adding invaluable credit to your CV, you might grab well-paid opportunities as well. Hence the perfect scenario- earning while learning!
3. Curriculum covering all the critical aspects: This probably is the most crucial aspect of all. Digital Business is a wide expanse and no one can master all of its facets with a certification program (facts!). Therefore, you need to be clear about what you want the outcome of the program to be. To put it simply, what are your expectations from the program? Jot down your short-term and long-term goals and research the skills that will help you bring them to life. Now, these are the skills you need in your certificate program. The next step is to go through the curricula of the programs and compare them with each other and also with your list to see if they cover everything. Here are a few points you should pay special attention to:
- Number of modules the curricula is spread over and the time allocated for each of them
- Areas of Digital Business covered, eg: Marketing, Data Analytics, Product management, etc
- Any special electives offered
- Total number of learning hours
- Tools covered
- Mode of sessions- Live/Recorded
- Inclusion of case studies, simulations, Exercises, etc
4. Career support: The best certification programs today extend career support to the students and it definitely is something that should play a decisive role while you make your choice as these services will help fast-forward your post-certification advancements. But what should the career support cover? Here’s a quick checklist:
- Job-search assistance
- Interview-prep session & mock tests
- Revision Material
- 1-on-1 guidance sessions with industry experts
- Expert-led soft skill training
- Profile building and leadership guidance
5. Immersion opportunity: If the program you are looking at offers a business immersion opportunity, we’ll say be a little biased towards it!
Immersion programs are a great way to gain a global perspective and let you step out of your comfort zone to explore the opportunities that can elevate your career drastically. Not only do you get to travel and learn from leading global businesses but also get a chance to expand your network beyond boundaries. But not a lot of the programs out there put forward such an outstanding chance right?
If you wish to network with the top talents of the industry, meet prominent CXOs, visit top companies in the Middle East, and learn how business is done abroad, here’s something you might find interesting.
Check Out AltUni’s Master Program In Digital Business With A Weeklong Dubai Business Immersion Program
LinkedIn Data says, “Much remains to be seen as the world of work continues to transform, but if changes continue at this pace skills could change by anywhere from 39% to 44% by 2025. Between 2021 and 2025, we would likely see 3 new skills in the top skills for a job”
Amid the shifting business environment and dynamic market trends, it comes as no surprise that new skills will keep on coming into the picture. This also means that upskilling yourself will continue to remain one of the most efficient ways to gain an edge over your competitors. Wouldn’t it be great if there’s one reliable platform that keeps bringing you quality content and certification programs to help you stay on par with the industry demands? Well, that’s what AltUni is here for- bringing you the best of both worlds with programs’ curricula designed with inspiration from top B-schools but topped up with insights from industry experts on what is actually in demand in real life! We are in the business of democratizing access to skills.
Get Job-Ready With AltUni’s Certificate Programs!
If you are looking for a Certification in Digital Business that not only has the above-mentioned 5 indispensable elements but a lot more to help you advance your career, AltUni’s Master's Program In Digital Business might be exactly what you are looking for.
What you’ll get:
- Expand Your Learning By Opting For Optional Electives - Certificate Program In SCM Or Supply Chain Management Or Corporate Finance + Investment Banking
- Get Interview-Ready with Expert-Led Soft Skills Trainings, Career Enhancement , Profile Building & Leadership Session
- 250+ Hours Of Learning With Industry Experts Who’ve Worked With Leading Brands Like Flipkart, Zomato, BCG, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, etc
- Earn While You Learn With 3 Guaranteed Internships Or Gain Invaluable Insights Into Industry With Live Projects
- Master 20+ In-Demand, Module-Specific Tools Like SEMRush, Canva, Mailchimp, Mural, Balsamiq, Draw.io, SQL, & Power BI
- Learn From Working On Live Simulation, Case Studies, In-Class Exercises & Assessments
- Get Global Exposure By Networking With CXOs & Top Talent, And Stand A Chance To Work Abroad Remotely Via AltUni International (Dubai) Business Immersion Program
Click Here To Know More About AltUni’s Master Program In Digital Business With A Weeklong Dubai Business Immersion Program
You Might Also Like : How Netflix Uses Data Science: A Case Study Quiz