At Konversations, we always want you to keep learning and improving.
Speaking of, we bring you Konversations #Curates - The Placement Edition in association with ABGLP. In this special series, we focus on the #placement season, with some special resources to help you. We know that you have worked hard over the years to reach the level where you have. While getting a great job is far from the finish line, why hold back right now?
Every week we shall cover :
- One article around the interview process.
- One article on a key sector and its overview in India,
- One article on current affairs that can come up in the selection process.
- One article on a great case study you can refer to during your interview/GD.
- One article on helping you choose the ideal job.
Here is the next installment of Konversations Curates - Placement Edition!
1. Imagine you’ve gone for a job interview. You’ve thought about various scenarios as to how you will crack the interview. But does your thinking matter? And if it does, how should you think? Sandeep Maheshwari, motivational speaker, talks about cracking job interviews and succeeding in life.
2. Do you love to travel? Do you like gathering new experiences and living new cultures? If yes, then there's some cool stuff about the travel industry you ought to know... Because the tourism and hospitality sector is witnessing a healthy growth. It accounts for 7.5 per cent of the country’s GDP, and was valued at approximately INR 986.2 thousand crores in 2015. Check out this report by KPMG to learn more about the travel and hospitality sector in India...
3. “Who will watch the watchers?” is a famous quote oft used in relation to governments or organizations. It seems this time around the watchers are watching themselves! Check out this video explaining the controversy around the current Chief Justice of India, Deepak Misra. This might also be a topic that pops up in your interviews or anytime during the selection process…
4. Bollywood, our most beloved and cherished industry, is rampant with instances of sexual harassment and discrimination. Kalki Kochelin speaks to BBC about this and why women do not share these stories. Check out the video here. Use it these points to score well on your GD. Especially when speaking about gender equity….
5. Like them quizzes a bit too much? Spend hours playing silly quizzes about your secret crush, or your celeb look alike? Well here’s a better way to enjoy them quizzes and get some work done. These 11 career quizzes should help find out your dream career. Check them out here.
Want to read more such stories and excel during placements? Check out the previous editions here.