With 96.69%ile in CAT 2019, it seems impossible to crack a b-school like IIM Ahmedabad. But this is just what Adya Niraj did! This lawyer from NUSRL, model, Femina Miss India 2016 Top 20 Finalist, and ex intern at the Bombay High Court, managed to convert IIM A. With 99.73%ile in VA-RC, 91.83%ile in DI-LR and 80%ile in Quant, find out how Adya seemed to achieve that ephemeral call to IIM A. Intrigued and wondering how she did it? Wondering how and why a non engineer, a non commerce student and a model, cracked a legacy b-school, especially IIM A? Watch the video to figure it out.
Adya Niraj, a law student and a model, participated in the Femina Miss Competition in 2016, emerging as a finalist among the Top 20, with various connections and a robust network. She realised she wanted to be an entrepreneur in the future and what better way to get the right training and connections than getting into one of the top b-schools of India?!
Thus motivated, Adya started preparing for CAT 2019. Her strategy revolved around relearning all those Quant concepts she had not touched upon in the years since her schooling. In this video, Adya shares how she prepared for various sections of CAT. She talks about reading the newspapers daily and how this habit helped her with the VA-RC section. She also shares how she prepared for arithmetic rigorously in order to crack the Quant section as she did not want to waste time on concepts that had fewer number of CAT questions. If you want to know how a student like Adya managed to crack CAT 2019, which she thinks is like an aptitude test, and further, this is a must watch!
Read Adya's take on he CAT journey here
If you want to know how a student like Adya managed to crack CAT 2019, which she thinks is like an aptitude test, and further, this is a.must watch!
- Reading long paragraphs on different subjects can be helpful for VA-RC prep.
- Even if you're good at a subject, practicing consistently will be useful for CAT.
- Go through previous years' question papers to gauge the trend.
- Figure out how many questions are based on various concepts and whether they will yield good marks as a part of your CAT strategy.
- Mocks help you get used to the CAT paper pattern.
- Time management and being calm are really important to crack the CAT.
- CAT is an aptitude test.
- CAT tests the basic concepts you learned during school.
- The main reason for writing mock tests is to get comfortable with the CAT paper pattern.
- Do not compare your mock percentile with others, as their preparation level and your own could be very different.
- Mocks by the top coaching institutes give you the option of performing thorough analysis as well.
- Finding out patterns in the previous years' CAT papers and practicing accordingly can be useful for your own CAT prep.
- Analyse your approach to your right answers too, to optimise your method.
Take CAT tips from the CAT master - ARKS Srinivas. Enroll for the Masterclass Prime series now. https://bit.ly/MasterclassPrime
If you don't want to miss any of our videos, all you need to do is join us on WhatsApp. Click here to join - https://bit.ly/_whatsappupdates
Here's what we recommend to you:
1) How A Commerce Graduate Made It To FMS Delhi | Sanjeev Narang
2) How I Scored 99.63%ile In CAT 2019 | Divyank Agarwal
3) How Urvi Mehta Cracked IIM Ahmedabad As A Fresher? Tips For CAT 2020 From A 99 Percentiler!