Ever wondered what it takes to get into one of the most prestigious b-schools of India? Of course you have, especially right now - post CAT results. It’s the time when you need to sharpen your WAT-GD-PI skills, fine tune your common answers, check and recheck your profile information and b-school applications and generally get ready for the admission process. There’s a lot of competition for the seats on some of the most prestigious b-schools in the country. But there’s also no dearth of strategies that you can leverage in order to crack those WAT-GD-PI rounds. Just like you, Prerna Lalwani, Finance Analyst at Amazon (Prime Video) too struggled with interview prep at one time. Check out how she cracked IIM Lucknow, and finally landed at Mondelez (Cadbury’s) for her summer internship.
In this video, Prerna talks about her journey to IIM Lucknow. She talks about scoring more than 98%ile in CAT and getting shortlisted for various top b-schools in India. She shares how she prepared for her IIM L interview and what aspects of prep she focused on. She talks about building connections, staying abreast of current affairs and generally being aware of your own profile during interview prep.
Next she talks about getting in IIM L and preparing for summer placements. She shares how summer interviews too required structured prep, with special attention to resume building.
If you want to know how to crack any interviews in your life, this is a must watch for you.
- Make connections with b-school alums, current students, etc who can guide you on the b-school interview process even before interviews begin.
- Make sure to know all the points in your essay, profile, etc, very well, so that you can answer any questions with ease.
- Do not be overconfident about your interview skills. Prepare beforehand.
- No matter what interview you attend in life, make sure to make the right kind of resume.
- Be mindful that the interviewer has to judge many applications by being clear in your answers.
- Make it a point to consult seniors in b-school to make a powerful resume.