In this video, shot at the i5 Summit at IIM Indore, Rahul Singh, Entrepreneur, Founder & CEO at The Beer Cafe, Ex-Reebok, talks about finding his path in life. He shares interesting snippets on life purpose, mid life crises and figuring out how you can be an entrepreneur too.
Summary of the video:
Rahul Singh, Founder & CEO at The Beer Cafe, takes us through his decades long career journey. He talks about being clueless about a career and getting into textile institute through a quota. He shares how after spending a few years climbing the corporate ladder, he felt the need to do something meaningful.
Next, he talks about founding Beer Cafe. He shares how finding and share your gifts are what life's all about. He talks about chasing dreams and how money will pour in as a result. He talks about the DNA of a true entrepreneur. He shares how a true entrepreneur understands market gaps and creates a new market in the gap itself. He talks about his own mission to spread happiness and smiles.
He talks about founding Better Than Before - his company. He speaks of how one should think on growth and competition. He talks about competing with yourself and becoming a better person, thus creating value for oneself. If you want to know what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, this is a must watch for you.
- You’ve to find your gift & then you’ve to share your gift; This is the purpose of life.
- There’s always a gap in the marketplace; A true entrepreneur creates a market in that gap.
- You should not be doing jobs, you should be creating jobs.
- This country needs investment & employment.
- Don’t compare yourself to others; you’ll only destroy your own worth.
- Your biggest competition is when you stare at yourself in the mirror.
- If we continuously compete with others, we get bitter. But when we compete with ourselves, we get better.