“The sharper the ax, the faster it cuts. The more skilled you are, the better you perform” Nitin Sharma, Senior Program Manager at Tata Communications, New Delhi.
Nitin Sharma had 5 years of work ex before he did his MBA. Calling himself a fossil in the industry, he chose to polish his deliverables and skills, which is why he chose IFMR. He has worked for HCL, Airtel, and now Tata Communications, where he has completed 12 years. In this video, he speaks of his journey, what loyalty means in the corporate world and more. Many students choose a role that pays well, but after 3 months they realize that the role is more important than the compensation it offers. If you aren’t passionate about what you are doing, you will have a tough time surviving in the corporate world.
*This is a promoted feature.
1. Your honeymoon period with your salary package is roughly 3 months. Post this, your focus will shift to your role and responsibilities.
2. You need to keep reinventing yourself and improving your skills to stay relevant in the corporate race.
3. Having prior work experience helps you during your MBA as you have context as to how organizations function. It helps you understand concepts better since you have some perspective.
4. Your experience isn’t limited to your certifications. Your experience needs to reflect on your work and profile.
5. When you’re in your undergrad, you might lack clarity. However, with digital exposure, you have today, you have the opportunity to do research and make an informed decision.