IMI New Delhi and TAPMI Manipal are both on the top-40 b-schools list of India. These two institutes have played a big role in producing business leaders, giving students the opportunity to work with top companies and fulfilling the MBA dream of numerous aspirants. It’s true that both the b-schools are unique in their own way, but if it came down to comparing, which one is more preferable? In terms of Return on Investment (RoI), diversity, batch-size, student exchange opportunities, campus life, etc. which one is better? In this IMI New Delhi versus TAPMI Manipal comparison, try to find out which institute would be best for you!
Note: This b-school comparison aims to serve as a guide for further research that aspirants may want to conduct before applying. We are not trying to pit one b-school against another.
IMI New Delhi vs TAPMI Manipal - Business School Comparison
|Criterion For Selection||IMI New Delhi||TAPMI|
|Academic & Gender Diversity||√|
|Brands On Campus||√||√|
|Student Exchange Opportunities||√||√|
* The ranking is based on graduation outcome of NIRF MBA ranking.
IMI New Delhi vs TAPMI Manipal - Programmes Offered, Scores Accepted
|B-School||Program Name||Duration||Scores Accepted|
|IMI New Delhi||PGDM||24 months||CAT/GMAT|
|TAPMI Manipal||PGDM||24 months||CAT/XAT/GMAT|
Other than the mainstream MBA exams (CAT XAT), IMI Delhi and TAPMI Manipal also accept GMAT scores. In case you want to prepare for GMAT, here's how you can start.
IMI New Delhi vs TAPMI Manipal - Rankings
|B-School||InsideIIM MBA 2019||InsideIIM MBA 2018|
|IMI New Delhi||38th||43rd|
*InsideIIM 2020 ranking of top 30 b-schools are out, but IMI New Delhi and TAPMI are not a part of it.
As per InsideIIM B-School ranking (based on aspirant’s choice), it seems like both TAPMI and IMI Delhi have both ascended upwards in top 40 b-school spots. However, IMI New Delhi has remained one rank ahead of both in 2018 and 2019.
|B-School||MHRD NIRF MBA Ranking 2019|
|IMI New Delhi||32|
This ranking is done based on graduation outcomes (GO). It’s calculated based on various criteria such as the percentage of students placed through campus placements, median salary, etc. As per the NIRF GO rankings, TAPMI is six ranks ahead of IMI New Delhi. However, IMI ranks higher than TAPMI when it comes to 'Perception'.
|B-School||Fees*||Highest CTC||Average CTC||Median CTC|
|IMI New Delhi||Rs. 16.95 lakhs p.a.||Rs. 20.75 lakhs p.a.||Rs. 13.01 lakhs p.a.||Rs. 12.20 lakhs p.a.|
|TAPMI Manipal||Rs. 14.06 lakhs p.a||Rs. 20 lakhs p.a||Rs. 9.09 lakhs p.a||Rs. 11.06 lakhs p.a|
*Fees are per 2020 admission process.
If you see the above-mentioned table, you will be able to figure out that both TAPMI and IMI are not remotely good when it comes to Return on Investment (ROI). IMI New Delhi provides a slightly better RoI than TAPMI Mumbai.
- Median CTC (Top 10% of the batch): Rs. 18.30 LPA
- Median CTC (Top 20% of the batch): Rs. 17.08 LPA
- Median CTC (Top 30% of the batch): Rs. 15.86 LPA
- Average CTC: Rs. 13.01 LPA
- There were around 102+ recruiters in the final placement process.
- When it comes to pre-placement offers, 50 students have already received the offer. There is a 25% increase from last year.
- 46% were new recruiters.
- Most students opted for roles in the BFSI sector (39%), followed by consulting (21%) and IT sector (16%).
- Top Recruiters - HSBC, Nestle, Citi Bank, Reliance Industries Limited, Tata Motors, Hindustan Unilever, Reckitt Benckiser, Asian Paints, EY India, Piramal, Gartner and Deloitte, Shell and more.
TAPMI Manipal Final Placements - Class of 2019
- Median salary (Top 10%): Rs. 15.35 LPA
- CTC of Top 100: Rs. 14.00 LPA
- Pre-placement offer: 12.10 LPA
- The highest offer was from the BFSI sector, followed by Consulting, IT, E-commerce, FMCG and retail.
- 400 students received offers from 126 companies.
- 52 students were offered pre-placement through summer internships.
- Top Recruiters - Accenture, CitiCorp, Amul, Citi Bank, Britannia, Deloitte, EY, HDFC Bank, HSBC, ICICI, Godrej, Grant Thornton, ITC, JPMorgan Chase, Titan, TresVista, Salesforce, ValueLabs and more.
*from TAPMI website
If placements are taken into consideration TAPMI performs better if you consider the number of recruiters, students receiving pre-placement offers and number of students getting placed. However, the median salary of the top 10% is better in the case of IMI New Delhi.
TAPMI Manipal vs IMI New Delhi - Batch Size, Diversity (Class of 2020)
|B-School||Batch Size||Percentage of Non-Engineers||Percentage of Women|
|IMI New Delhi||236||38%||38%|
*Information is taken from TAPMI Brochure2018-2020
- If batch-size is considered to be a part of the comparison, IMI New Delhi has an advantage over TAPMI Manipal, with nearly 184 less students to compete within.
- When it comes to gender diversity, both come in the same bracket, with IMI performing slightly better. Almost 40% comprises women, which is much higher than some of the old IIMs.
- In terms of academic diversity, IMI New Delhi comes out on top, with nearly 40% of the batch comprising non-engineers.
TAPMI Manipal vs IMI New Delhi - Student Exchange Opportunities
IMI New Delhi and TAPMI both offer student exchange opportunities.
- TAPMI: Students opt for a student exchange programme from an array of the partner university. Some of the popular names are - Macquarie University - Australia, Rennes School of Business - France, Emporia State University, University of Dubai, the global GARP (Global Association for Risk Professionals) program and more.
- IMI New Delhi: The college has international collaborations with 17 management institutes in countries like the United States, France, Belgium, Germany, China, etc.
TAPMI vs IMI New Delhi - Location
New Delhi is not only the capital but also the administrative hub of India. Some of the global business giants and market leaders have their office (and homes) in Delhi. Hence, it gives IMI an advantage over TAPMI, which is located in Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka. Whereas, TAPMI is a huge 44.11 acres residential campus located in the serene hillock area of Manipal, far from the hustle-bustle of the city. Both institutes, regardless of their location, have some top companies visiting their campus for recruitment every year.
- With a smaller batch size, the national capital location, and a relatively better RoI and diversity, IMI Delhi seems to be a winner.
- TAPMI’s placement percentage is slightly better for its students.
- Both students offer great student exchange opportunities.
- All the top brands in the country visit this b-school for recruitment.
- Unfortunately, Both perform poorly when it comes to offering great RoI.
You can also read:
- XIMB Versus IMI New Delhi - Which Business School Is A Better Option For You?
- IMT Ghaziabad Versus MICA Ahmedabad - Which B-School Is A Better Option For You?
- IIM Shillong Versus SIBM Pune
- IIFT Delhi Versus SIBM Pune - Which Business School Is A Better Option?
- IIM Indore Versus MDI Gurgaon - Which B-School Is A Better Option?
- IIM Shillong Versus JBIMS Mumbai - Business School Comparison
- SPJIMR Mumbai Versus MDI Gurgaon - Which B-School Is Right For You?