In 2021, XLRI Jamshedpur completed its final placement process for the PGDM BM and HRM batches in a record time of two days, and successfully placed all students despite a tough hiring market. XLRI did not see a dip in number of recruiters on campus and offers extended, with 108 recruiters participating in the process and 370 job offers being extended to the batch. This year, nearly 30 percent of the XLRI batch went for Consulting jobs, and leading firms like BCG, Bain, PwC, and Accenture Strategy were some of the largest recruiters on campus in terms of number of offers extended. Here are the key highlights from XLRI's final placement process for the BM and HRM batches of 2021.
XLRI Final Placements 2021 | Five Key Highlights From XLRI's Final Placement Process In 2021
- The highest domestic salary offered stood over INR 50 lakhs and was offered by a recruiter in the BFSI sector.
- The median salary offered stood at INR 23 lakhs, which remains unchanged from last year.
- The average salary offered stood at INR 25.08 lakhs, which was increase of about 3 percent from last year. The average of the top-10 percent and top-25 percent of salaries stood at INR 37.49 lakhs and INR 34.80 lakhs respectively.
- Consulting was the most sought-after domain on campus with 29 percent of the batch opting for Consulting jobs, followed by Sales and Marketing (16%), and Finance (14%).
- BCG, PwC, Accenture Strategy, and PayTM made the highest number of offers amongst other regular recruiters at XLRI such as TAS, Microsoft, Amazon, P&G, Aditya Birla Group, ITC, Nestle, Standard Chartered, Capgemini ELITE, Hindustan Unilever, and others. New recruiters included companies such as Mastercard, DE Shaw, Airbnb, DBS Bank, Nykaa, Freshworks, ZS Associates, Ganit Inc, amongst others.
XLRI Final Placements 2021 | Consulting Most Sought-After Domain For XLRI's Batch of 2021
Nearly 30 percent of XLRI's batch of 2021 flocked to Consulting jobs, and top firms like the Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Company, PwC and Accenture Strategy amongst others extended offers to the batch. Sales and Marketing and Finance were also amongst the top three most sought-after domains for the batch of 2021 at XLRI. This year, one in three students of the batch of 2021 at XLRI received pre-placement offers.
This year, Consulting firms such as Bain & Company, BCG, Kearney, Accenture Strategy, Deloitte, PwC, EY, KPMG, Everest Group, Infosys Consulting, and others participated in the recruitment process at XLRI Jamshedpur.
In the Finance domain, firms such as Goldman Sachs, J.P Morgan Chase, NIIF, Citibank, Standard Chartered, Kotak Mahindra Bank, ICICI, Edelweiss, and others participated in the recruitment process at XLRI. The roles offered in this domain were Front End Investment Banking, Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Global and Corporate Banking, Wealth Management, Global Markets, Equity Research, and Retail Banking.
Within the FMCG, Telecom and Pharma sectors, firms such as P&G, Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Colgate Palmolive, Asian Paints, Samsung, Marico, and others participated in the recruitment process. XLRI witnessed a surge in participation from companies in the pharma sector such as Cipla, Dr. Reddy’s, Sun Pharma, Thermofisher, Aurigene Health Tech, among others. Roles in Company Strategy, Sales & Marketing, Product Supply, Operations, IT and Human Resources were offered to the graduating students.
Roles in General Management were offered by conglomerates such as TAS, Aditya Birla Group, Mahindra, Capgemini ELITE, Reliance Industries, Xiaomi, RPG, ACT, and other firms.
In the ITES, E-Commerce and Online Services segment, recruiters on campus included Microsoft, Amazon, PayTM, PhonePe, Myntra, Ola, Media.net, Flipkart, Udaan, AirBnB, HCL, TCS, EXL, and others. This year saw an increased focus by EdTech firms, with Byju’s, Unacademy, and VMock visiting campus for final placements. Roles offered by companies in this segment were Product Manager, Program Manager, Business Development, Financial Planning amongst others.
HR roles were offered by firms spanning the spectrum of domains such as P&G, HUL, ITC, Colgate Palmolive, Marico, JP Morgan Chase, and Co., Myntra, Ola, Power Finance Corporation, Samsung, and others. Roles like Chief Talent Officer were offered to students on campus by Graphene Health Tech. HR roles offered included HR Consulting, recruitment, Compensation & Benefits and HR Analytics. This year also saw participation from PSUs like Power Finance Corporation, GAIL, and others. Consulting firms like PwC, EY, KPMG, and Deloitte opened exclusive HR consulting roles.
You can read XLRI Jamshedpur's final placement report on the institute's official website.
You May Be Interested In Reading → How Has The Pandemic Affected Final Placements At IIMs, XLRI, FMS And Other Top B-Schools?