Imagine working in a bank for almost a decade, moving on to becoming an entrepreneur and corporate trainer, and then shifting focus and becoming a YouTuber. Sounds bizarre right? But that’s what Chetna Vasishth did post her MBA from XLRI. Today she owns and hosts a YouTube channel with 600 K followers called ChetChat. In this video, she talks about the different landmarks in her career and how she came to have so many followers. Meanwhile, we have some good news! Konversations Cafe is coming to Delhi on 14th March! To register, click here.
In this video, Chetna talks about giving up her career in corporate banking and choosing to become an entrepreneur with Learning Tree, an outfit responsible for corporate training. She talks about her shift from a corporate career to the uncertain life of an entrepreneur. Next, she takes us through her YouTube journey and how and why she decided to be a YouTuber. She shares how there’s no secret sauce to YouTube success, but rather sustained, disciplined hard work backed by deep motivation. She talks about battling negative comments on YouTube and how these taught her the valuable life lesson of not taking criticisms to heart.
Finally, she touches up working in a domain that was, until recently, not very trendy. She shares what motivated her to soldier on when her YouTube channel was not picking up followers and how she persevered. If you want some valuable advice on succeeding in life and on YouTube or in your chosen career, this is a must watch. Would you like to attend a Konversations Cafe event?
1. When you’re doing an MBA, you’re very privileged.
2. When you’re not satisfied with a situation, take the effort to change yourself or your environment.
3. You keep reinventing yourself every time you get feedback.
4. Do your thing. Move on. Don’t focus too much on the negative results.
5. You have to first figure out what you can do and can’t do.
6. If your core offerings are very clear, and if you’re ready to keep learning the latest and the new, you have a high chance of success with YouTube. Or life.
7. The WHY has to be very clear.
Recommended for you: