Meet Jhalak Mittal, a Delhi University student, majoring in Economics. Jhalak decided to pursue an MBA straight after graduation, as a fresher, after consulting seniors and MBA students. She wanted to back her economics know how with the business acumen that an #MBA degree provides. Jhalak started preparing for CAT while still in college and managed to score 98.78 percentile, thus converting a call to IIM Bangalore. In this video, she talks about her strategy for each section and how she prepared for mocks.
In this video Jhalak tells us the highlights of her MBA prep #Strategy. She scored 91 percentile in VA-RC, 99.07 percentile in DI-LR & 98.8 percentile in Quant. She takes us through her specific prep for each section. She talks about how she first checked the weightage given to various chapters in each section. She shares how for Quant she focused in mastering arithmetic as most quant questions revolve around this topic. She shares how one needs to be learn each subject and then test themselves with tests for each chapter as well as sectional tests.
She shares how when it comes to DI-LR, one needs to make sure that not too much time is spent on one set. She shares her own strategy of focusing on her strengths first and then solving questions one is unsure about.
She then talks about preparing for the Verbal section and how it was a challenge for her, as the marking can be unpredictable. She talks about the resources she used to increase her reading skills and comprehension. Finally, Jhalak talks about how one can effectively select the right mick test series to practice.
If you want to know what kind of dedication and perseverance is needed to crack the CAT in 6 months, this one's for you.
- For every section, you need to devise what strategy you'll need to attempt particular questions.
- One strategy to crack the Quant section can be to answer the questions you are sure about first.
- Making sure you're not spending too much time on a single question is crucial to cracking the CAT.
- You can fix time for each set of the DI-LR section, so that you finish the paper in the time limit with accuracy.
- Read about different subjects and topics for an hour daily to increase reading speed for RC in Verbal.
- Note down questions you made mistakes in so that you can revise before the exam.
-A good mock test series offers good analysis with a video solution, sectional, overall percentile & rank as well as a proper time window for evaluation.
If you don't want to miss any of our videos, all you need to do is join us on WhatsApp. Click here to join - http://bit.ly/Whatsapp_Updates
You May Also Considering Watching: