The monotony of life is something every individual tackles on a daily basis. Either doing assignments everyday or being stuck in a cubicle for 8 hours, You often lose interest in carrying forward assigned work and also deviate from your passion due to a variety of reasons. In this video, Harshita and Ruchin, both currently pursuing Marketing at IMT, Ghaziabad; Take us through their journey of balancing work and play. They have been pushing the envelope and accomplish great feats in their respective fields.
Summary of the video:
Harshita is a national-level street theatre artist, she took a liking to dramatics during her undergraduate degree at Delhi University. She started-off by joining the dramatics society of Delhi University and has directed and acted in various plays ever-since. She has also worked on acting projects such as ‘College Romance’ on the youtube channel ‘TVF’ as of now.
Ruchin is a national-level kickboxer, he’s been training since he got inspired by one of his colleagues while he was working at Tech Mahindra in Pune and started his kickboxing career while he was working. Ruchin has won a district-level gold medal and his most recent achievement was a national-level silver in his weight category.
Harshita and Ruchin give insight on how you can push through some of the obstacles you might face during following your passion and maintaining a professional work life without compromising the quality of your work in all aspects/areas.
Here are a few key takeaways from Harshita and Ruchin’s interview that all aspiring marketing students must keep in mind:
1. You can follow your passion despite the being roadblocks you face.
2. Time management is essential for maintaining a well balanced life.
3. Do not lose hope in achieving your dreams.
4. Keep yourself engaged, be productive, and in turn, your work will speak for itself.
5. Explore your options in terms of profession and passion.
6. Make it a point to get your word across and be assertive.
7. Hardships build character and the experience comes in handy when faced with a similar scenario in the future.
8. Choose a line of work where you can be an asset to the organization.