Meet Mahnaz Shaikh, an HR professional who has worked in the FMCG sector for a whopping 16 years. Starting out from TISS, she did a 12 year long stint with P&G, before moving to Godrej Consumer Products Limited, where she currently works as the Head of HR - India & SAARC. In this video, she talks of her career journey, her learning and insights from the FMCG sector, and the advice she has for students who are anxious about their future as a result of the coronavirus crisis.
Mahnaz begins the interview with her experience working at Godrej. Having recruited for Sales & Marketing, she talks about what she looks for in an ideal candidate. She then talks about the current COVID-19 situation, and how companies are adapting to this new scenario. Lastly, she talks about what current students can do to make the most of this crisis.
What’s this? This is a series of talks that we are doing amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Despite the lockdowns and the curfews, we are making all the efforts to ensure that you keep getting insightful and relevant content. So sit back and make the most of your social distancing with this episode of ‘Konversations in Quarantine'!
1) Sales & Marketing is a ticket to a Brand Manager’s job, which is what most people want.
2) If you want to have a holistic startup like experience, Sales is your function!
3) The essence of an HR Professional’s role is hiring the right people for your organisation, and helping them grow.
4) Real improvement areas: communication, relationship building, technical skills, problem solving skills, etc.
5) Use your connections to help you get leads.
If you don't want to miss any of our videos, all you need to do is join us on WhatsApp. Click here to join - https://bit.ly/_whatsappupdates
Here's what we recommend you to read next: