A veteran in consumer insights, customer development, and marketing, Priya Nair has worked with iconic brands such as Dove, Axe, Rexona, Surf Exel, Close Up and Pepsodent. She was also the mind behind HUL's path-breaking rural mobile marketing initiative ‘Kan Khajura Tesan’ which received three Gold Lion awards at the 2014 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
She addressed the HUL Summer Interns at the ULIP Summer Summit 2019 and her talk will inspire you to be more than just a regular.
She talks about her journey and the lessons she learned through the years. You don't want to miss this one, click play to tune in now.
1. Always remember where you come from.
2. We have a skewed view of the country that we live in because of our privilege.
3. HUL made me see the real country in which we live and how to use my privilege to make an impact on its people.
4. If you don't make a change, no one else is going to.
5. It is not about what entertains you, it is about what fulfils you. What is that thing that wakes you up in the morning and keeps you going?
6. If you don't know what your purpose is, talk to the people around you, who know you well and ask them what do they think you're good at. You'll see a pattern that will give you direction.
7. You'll never lose steam if you find your purpose.
8. The real secret is to be a student for life. Always be curious to learn new things - it a quality that separates a good leader from a great one.
9. Take risks or you won't have stories to tell when you're old.
10. Adopt mentors who believe in you.
11. Think big and dream of changing the world but start somewhere.
12. Execution matters as much as strategy.
13. You're going to fail big sometimes. What matters not is how many times or how big you fail but how fast you dust yourself up and start again.