Final Placements – Class Of 2018 – IIM Shillong
Highlights as per the placement report –
- IIM Shillong has fortified its position as a premier b-school with the successful completion of the placement season for the batch of 2016-18.
- The Institute recorded a median CTC of 16 LPA, witnessing a significant increase of 14% over the last year. The highest domestic CTC stood at 26 LPA. The mean CTC for the batch stood at 15.51 LPA.
- The recruitment drive saw participation from 41 recruiters and 169 participants, while two participants would be pursuing their entrepreneurial ventures.
- The mean for the top 20% of the batch stood at 21 LPA, while that for the top half increased to 18.5 LPA.
- Multiple offers were made by prominent recruiters such as BPCL, Beiersdorf (Nivea), Berger Paints, Dell, Delhivery, IOCL, ITC, Kohler, Piramal Enterprises, TATA Steel, Titan, TATA Motors and Value Labs. The season recorded an increase in the number of finance roles with regular recruiters such as Fidelity Management Research, HSBC, ICICI Bank, JP Morgan Chase & Co., RBL Bank, and Yes Bank.
- The season also saw participation from prominent new recruiters including Barclays, Nomura, and HDFC Bank in the finance cohort.
- BFSI and IT & Analytics once again emerged as the two most preferred sectors with 38% and 18% of the students securing offers in these sectors, respectively.