A graduate from INSEAD, An engineer with 6+ years of relevant work experience managing projects across the globe, a budding consultant, Antoine Poirson chose India to be home to his and his co-founders' first start-up venture. Intrigued? Find out just why this Partner at Antler, Co-Founder at StanPlus, INSEAD alum, Ex Project Manager - Areva Solar and M.Sc. from ParisTech chose to walk the road not often taken in today's video. Learn how Antoine and his team went about establishing an MVP and managing operations as well as pitching to VCs for funding. Find out how they managed to gain 1Mn USD in seed funding within 4 months of their launch.
This is a new series of talks that we are doing amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Despite the lockdowns and the curfews, we are making all the efforts to ensure that you keep getting insightful and relevant content. So sit back and make the most of your social distancing with this episode of ‘Konversations in Quarantine'!
In this video, Antoine shares his entrepreneurship story with us. From figuring out what problem they wanted to solve, to building a business around it, he touches upon it all. He shares how his co-founders and himself went about building a proof of concept and an MVP or a minimum viable product to start their operations.
Antoine tells us what skills and attributes an entrepreneur possesses and what challenges he or she faces. He talks about running a business by juggling supply and demand expectations from clients and customers and how StanPlus, a company that provides ambulance services, managed this.
He further takes us through his time working towards securing funding and how StanPlus bagged 1.1 Mn USD in funding from Kalari Capital in Bangalore. He further talks about his time as a consultant, mentoring startups via Antler and his key learnings from this process.
If you want to know how an entrepreneur, a consultant and VC mindset can help you in your career, this is a must watch.
- If your business sits between supply and demand, you can deliver value.
- Service businesses require a robust supply & demand network.
- Showing your dedication and passion as well as sharing results can help you get funding as an entrepreneur.
- When you raise capital, you need to paint a picture of the problem you're solving and where you want to take the business toward.
- The power of entrepreneurship compounds over time.
If you don't want to miss any of our videos, all you need to do is join us on WhatsApp. Click here to join - http://bit.ly/Whatsapp_Updates
We at InsideIIM have launched our one-on-one career guidance and mentorship program, 'Kounsel'. For a fee you get 100% attention from your chosen mentor. They will answer your toughest questions, quell your deepest fears, and channel your strongest ambitions. Our opening list of mentors has some of the most adored, engaged, and viewed speakers on our platform. You can pick a mentor that aligns not just with your future self but also with your past one. Click here to know more:https://bit.ly/2ZAJdKz
Here's what we recommend to you:
1) How Uber Supply Chain Works, Ft. Mayank Agarwal, Growth Manager, Uber, IIM L Alum
2) I Was Looking For Champagne, Got A Job With McKinsey Instead Ft. Kaushik S, INSEAD Alum
3) How And Why I Got Into Microsoft Teams Ft. Ritika Gupta, Program Manager, Ex Yatra, Ex Dainik Jagran