Do you aspire to get into a top company like Goldman Sachs? What do you think it takes to get there? You not only have to clear the selection process but once you're there, you have to prove your mettle. In this video, we spoke to Maharshi Chhaya, a student of IIM Shillong, who not only got placed in Goldman Sachs for his summer internship but also got a PPO at the end of it. What did Maharshi do during his internship that got him the coveted offer? Watch the video to find out!
In this video, he talks of how he prepared for, and managed to crack, the summer placement interviews for Goldman Sachs. He further talks of the work culture in Goldman Sachs, his role and how he prepared for it. Finally, he tells us what he thinks helped him bag the offer at the end of his internship, and how he is preparing for his stint at Goldman Sachs.
1. If you are clear about doing finance, you need to be clear about basic finance concepts and accounting (FCFF, FCFE, etc.)
2. Your interviewers will test your knowledge of these basic concepts.
3. Your interviewers will guide you if they think you have the potential to perform. So don't be nervous.
4. Study markets to understand how stocks behave, as they are very important if you are in a finance role.
5. Markets are directly affected by current affairs. So keep yourself updated.
6. Your performance during your internship tells your supervisor not just how competent you are, but also how well you fit with the organisation. This ultimately affects your getting an offer.
Recommended for you:
- How I Cracked The BCG Summer Internship Interview - Simran Ahluwalia, IIM Indore, BCG PPO Holder
- How I Got Into Asian Paints - XLRI Jamshedpur PPO Holders' Journey
- How An IIM Lucknow Student Got A PPO From Unilever
- How To Get A PPO From A.T. Kearney - IIM Lucknow Student, Suyash Somani
- How To Get A PPO At Accenture - Shyamala Iyer, SIBM Pune