Ashu Kant and Tushar Gautam are both Marketing professionals excelling in their industry. Ashu Kant is working at Ghaziabad Precision Products and Tushar Gautam is working at Daimler Trucks; Both are heading the marketing teams at their respective organizations. They give an in-depth view of the current trends in the industry in terms of approaching companies after B-school and exploring various other avenues and roles within the same organisation, and really grow as a marketing professional.
They also share how IMT as an institution has helped in shaping their careers in from the very beginning. Whether it is the team work that IMT induces in its students through activities taking place over the year or specific focus given to students interested in a particular domain, IMT helps in providing the best industry exposure to its students through the PGDM programme.
Here are a few key takeaways from their interview that all aspiring marketing students must keep in mind:
1. Explore job profiles that are best suited for your skill-set.
2. Constantly switching jobs doesn’t always guarantee professional growth.
3. Always aim for the best and prepare for the worst.
4. Alumni networks can help you in getting an interview but converting it purely depends on your skill.
5. On joining a new organisation, work as if it's your own company and later your work will speak for itself.
*This is a promoted feature.