When Sohum wrote the CAT in 2017 for the first time, he knew he would not make it to the top IIMs of the country. This engineer from Haldia Institute, West Bengal, decided to go on and work at Infosys while preparing for his next 2 CAT attempts. Throughout 2018 and 2019, Sohum continued to work at Infosys as well as on his MBA dream. Finally, this time around, in 2019, Sohum managed to crack the CAT with 99.98%ile overall and a whopping 100%ile in the VA-RC section. In his first CAT attempt, he scored pretty low on DI-LR and Quants as well for an engineer. But he managed to go from a 91%ile score to a healthy 98%ile score. Wondering what was his strategy? Want to know how he managed to crack 2019 and make it to IIM C? Check out this video to find out.
In this video, Sohum Sen, CAT 99.98%iler tells us about his winning CAT strategy. He shares how he wrote the CAT in 2017 for the first time and did not score well enough to get into IIM A, B or C. He shares how he managed to score a whopping 100 %ile in VA-RC in CAT 2019. He talks about his VA-RC strategy, and how anticipating the possible questions helped him score so well. He then shares his solid LI-DR strategy. He tells us how he managed to go from 91-93%ile to 98-99%ile in this section.
With a bird's eye view of his own CAT experience, he tells us how while preparing for the LI-DR section, making multiple excel sheets to track your own progress, answers, concepts, etc., can be a powerful tool. He shares how to use this excel sheet to mark your own progress and how to grow in terms of better CAT performance. He shares invaluable insights into writing mocks for the quant and LR-DI sections. He shares how writing mocks and analysing these based on your performance, percentile, the average time is taken, etc., can be strong ways to improve your overall CAT score.
Finally, Sohum throws light on how to deal with a particularly tough section on CAT day. He shares how he wrote tough sections in each of his CAT attempts. In a mature, insightful way, he shares how to navigate a tough section mentally and in real life. If you want to know a sure shot method to prepare for CAT 2020, this is a must watch for you.
- To increase your reading speed and comprehension, try to anticipate the flow of the RC passages after connecting words.
- To ace the VA-RC section, you should be able to read tough, dense language and make sense of it.
- Solve various mocks and save the results along with parameters like concepts grasped, chapters learned, answers given, etc., in an excel sheet which you can refer to when revising.
- When it comes to QA, if you're good at it, work on increasing your accuracy.
- If you know you're weak when it comes to certain concepts and theories, go back to basics and start learning from scratch.
- In QA, even if you attempt less questions, increasing your accuracy may help your overall score.
- Note down questions that you often get wrong as well as the concepts they are based on, and use these notes to revise.
- Select a mock test that has 10-15K regular test takers and gives you results as well as an answer key.
- Mock analysis for VA-RC includes finding out which questions you are making errors at and of what kind.
If you don't want to miss any of our videos, all you need to do is join us on WhatsApp. Click here to join - https://bit.ly/_whatsappupdates
Here's what we recommend to you:
1) CAT Preparation Tips By Ankit Desai | IIM A, 2020-22
2) My Strategy To Crack CAT | Altaf Abdullah, IIM B (2020-22)
3) How I Cracked CAT 2019 | Sanjana Rout, CAT 99.75 Percentile, IIM C