IIM Kozhikode selection criteria for their PGP batch of 2020-22 is now live. Remarkably, IIM K seems to be giving less importance to CAT exam scores for the written test / personal interview rounds, with weightage decreasing from 75% to 45% from the previous year. Read more to find out the highlights of the IIM K selection criteria 2020.
Highlights of the IIM Kozhikode Admission Criteria -
- There is a 5% increase in shortlisting percentile for overall CAT score, sectional percentile, as well as class 10th and 12th percentage for the pre interview registration (minimum eligibility criteria).
- As compared to last year, IIM K has also decreased the weight given to the CAT Index Score from 75% to 45% for shortlisting for WAT / PI rounds.
- As compared to last year, IIM K has introduced weightage for 10th marks in the WAT / PI shortlisting round. They have changed the weightage given to 12th marks as well. This year, class 10 percentage get a whopping weightage of 30% whereas 12th percentage gets a weightage of 15%.
- Weightage given to academic and gender diversity during the WAT / PI shortlist round is also increased to 10% from last year’s 5%.
- As compared to last year, weightage given to CAT scores is decreased from 40% to 35% in the final shortlisting stage.
- As compared to last year, weightage given to PI performance for the final shortlist is increased from 30% to 35%.
IIM Kozhikode Selection Criteria 2020
Stage 1 - Pre-Interview Registration
Stage 1 comprises the selection of candidates based on the minimum CAT cut-off, as set by IIM Kozhikode -
|Category||CAT Score Percentile||Sectional Percentile||Class 10th Percentage||Class 12th Percentage|
Candidates who meet the minimum CAT cut-offs and have opted for IIM Kozhikode in their CAT application form will receive a registration email for online admission to IIM Kozhikode. This is not a call for the interview round but is merely a pre-interview registration process.
Stage 2 - Shortlisting for WAT/ PI
After Stage 1, candidates who have registered will be shortlisted for Stage 3 based on their Aggregate Index Score, which will be based on the candidate's Class 10th & 12th Marks, CAT 2019 index scores, and gender as well as academic diversity.
The following are the weights for the aforementioned components, as per the IIM Kozhikode Admission Criteria 2020
|CAT 2019 Index Score||45%|
|Class 10 Percentage Score||30%|
|Class 12 Percentage Score||15%|
|Gender/ Academic Diversity Score||10%|
Points to note:
- Only female candidates are eligible for a gender diversity score.
- A candidate with (or pursuing) a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a discipline other than engineering/technology will be eligible for the academic diversity score.
Stage 3 - Final Shortlisting
Candidates who have been shortlisted for the Personal Interview round will have to undergo a Writing Ability Test round (the topic for which will be announced just before the WAT/Essay Writing), followed by the Personal Interview and Resume evaluation.
The Resume of the candidate will be evaluated on the following basis -
- Length and depth of work experience
- Quality of academic and professional qualifications
- Managerial and leadership attributes
- Exceptional academic, co-curricular and extracurricular achievements
"During the PI, the panel will evaluate the academic efforts and disposition, general awareness and social disposition, attitude and personality and articulation and communication of each candidate." - IIM Kozhikode
The Final Shortlisting Criteria of IIM Kozhikode are as follows -
|CAT 2019 Index Score||35%|
Based on these weights, the final composite score will be computed, and the candidates will be sent admission offers.
Important Dates -
- The announcement of the list of shortlisted candidates for stage 2 - Last week of January 2020. The interview call letters, venue details, etc. will be made available on the IIMK website and the candidates need to download the same.
- The announcement of the Final Merit List - Last week of April/First week of May 2020.
IIM Kozhikode has made quite a few changes to the selection criteria for PGP 2020-22.
No graduation marks is still a boon for the majority of applicants since these scores are usually the lowest of the lot. And to add to this, the weightage given to the CAT index score decreasing seems more inclusive. It seems IIM K wants to provide more opportunities to students despite lower CAT scores. The absence of work experience component is also as a relief to freshers looking to enter God's Own Kampus in the year 2020.
For the Final shortlisting, CAT scores and Personal Interviews will be more important. Performance in PIs will also be strictly evaluated with higher weightage in the final shortlisting process. With resume evaluation (no longer restricted to the quality of work experience), expect to be grilled on every single bullet point on your Curriculum Vitae.
Also, read -
- SPJIMR Selection Criteria 2019 - Important Dates, Admissions Process
- IIM Calcutta Selection Criteria 2019 - Graduation Scores Included In IIM C's Criteria In 2019
- IIM Ahmedabad Selection Criteria 2019 - Work Experience Included In IIM A's Criteria In 2019
- IIM Bangalore Selection Criteria 2019 - IIM B Reduces Minimum CAT Percentile Cut-Offs