The Indian School of Business, one of the finest management institutes in the world, has released final placement statistics for the PGP class of 2020! In 2020, the institute has broken it's own record by recording 1504 offers for the 884 students participating in the placement process - this is the highest number of offers that ISB has seen in the past 5 years and is nearly a 15 percent increase over the previous year.
10 Key Highlights From The Final Placement Report For ISB's PGP Class of 2020
The following are some of the key highlights that you need to know from the latest ISB placement report:
- The average domestic salary for the batch stood at ₹25.71 lakhs per annum, the mid-80% average salary stood at ₹25.06 lakhs per annum, and the mid-80% median salary stood at ₹24.10 lakhs per annum.
- The 890 strong Class of 2020 (of which 884 participated in the final placement process) received 1504 offers from recruiters on campus. This translates to approximately 1.7 job offers per candidate, which is higher than that of IIM Bangalore's 1.01 offers per candidate.
- 433 recruiters - the highest number in 5 years - participated in the placements process at ISB in 2020. Of these, 96 were first time recruiters like Electronic Arts India, Flock, IPAC, UpGrad, Wells Fargo, and Foundation AI amongst others.
- Consulting emerged, yet again, as the most sought-after function and industry for the PGP batch at ISB. The batch received offers from top firms like McKinsey & Company, BCG, Bain & Company, Accenture, and AT Kearney amongst others.
- Companies from the IT/ITES sector offered roles in Product Management and Consulting. Companies from this sector offering roles included Microsoft, Google, Thoughtworks, Times Internet, and Media.net amongst others.
- 11% of the total offers came from the E-commerce sector, and recruiters included top brands like Amazon, Flipkart, Swiggy, Zomato, Udaan, Bizongo, and CloudTail amongst others.
- 113 leadership roles were offered to the PGP Class of 2020 at ISB. Leading participants for these roles included ABG, RIL, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, Colgate-Palmolive, and Philips India amongst others.
- The top-5 most sought-after functions for the Class of 2020 at ISB were Consulting, Product Management, Sales & Marketing, General Management, and Operations.
- The top-5 most sought-after industries for the Class of 2020 at ISB were Consulting, IT/ITES, BFSI, E-Commerce, and FMCG/FMCD.
- Women at ISB have made up over 30% of the batch for many years, and this trend continued with almost 38.5% women in the PGP Class of 2020.
ISB's Class of 2020 Graduates Receive 1500+ Offers, No. of Participating Recruiters Increases By 16 Percent
The Indian School of Business has recorded the highest jump in the total number of offers for its second largest PGP batch in half a decade. The business school has recorded 1504 offers for its PGP Class of 2020 comprising 890 students, of which 600-odd students graduated from the Hyderabad campus while nearly 300 graduated from the Mohali campus.
The Class of 2020 recorded 1.7 offers per student. To compare, the Class of 2020 at IIM Bangalore, India's top-ranked business school as per the Financial Times, received 1.01 offer per student. The institute has achieved such a successful placements season despite having the second largest batch size in half a decade.
ISB has also recorded a 16 percent increase in the total number of recruiters registering for the placements process. A total of 433 recruiters participated in the hiring process for the Class of 2020 at ISB, of which over 96 were first time recruiters and extended 18 percent of the total offers to the graduating PGP batch. Additionally, 37 companies offered more than 10 job offers each to the batch.
ISB's Class of 2020 Receives Average Domestic Salary of ₹25.72 LPA - An Increase of 2 Percent Over Last Year
ISB's Class of 2020 has received an average domestic salary of ₹25.72 lakhs per annum, and a mid-80th percentile median salary of ₹24.10 lakhs per annum.
Function-wise, Business Research, Engineering, Product Development, Operations, and Product Management are amongst the top-6 functions with the highest mid-80% mean CTC. Compare this with last year, where the functions with the highest mid-80% average CTC were Technology, Consulting, Product Management, Finance, and Services.
Industry-wise, the Telecom, Urban Mobility, Transportation/Logistics/Operations, FMCG/FMCD, and Consulting industries emerged as the top-5 industries in terms of the mid-80th percentile average salaries offered to the PGP Class of 2020 at ISB.
5-Year Trends Analysis of Salaries Offered To ISB Graduates
What kind of salaries have ISB's fresh PGP grads. received over the past 5 years? What does the graph of ISB's median and average salary look like over a period of half a decade? Are there any anomalies? What is the rate of increment in the remuneration offered to ISB grads Y-o-Y?
Through the graphs and charts below, it emerges that the Indian School of Business has seen a maximum of an 11 percent increase (2018-2019) and has also seen a decline of of nearly 5 percent (2016-2017) in a period of 5 years in the average salary offered to PGP batches. The mid-80% median salary has seen a steady increase over the years and has increased marginally in 2020 as compared to 2019.
The graphs below are interactive.
Consulting Is Once Again The Most Sought-After Job Function For ISB Grads, Followed By Sales & Marketing + Strategy Roles
The Indian School of Business is known for its Consulting placements, with the likes of the MBB firms and other top firms hiring from the PGP batches over the years. This year again, Consulting has led as the most popular function for ISB's MBA graduates, with 23 percent of them opting for these roles.
Product Management, Sales & Marketing, and General Management roles comprised 16 percent each of the total number of offers, followed by Operations roles (8%).
Though at most of the top IIMs in the country, Finance and Consulting roles dominate the placements process, the popularity of Finance roles at ISB has never gone beyond the 10 percent mark over the past five years, with 7 percent of the Class of 2020 opting for Finance roles.
The graphs below are interactive.
Companies In The Consulting, IT/ITES, And BFSI Industries Offer Maximum Percentage of Offers To PGP Class of 2020 At ISB
Unsurprisingly, the maximum number of offers received by the PGP Class of 2020 at ISB came from the Consulting industry (22%). Other industries amongst the top-5 in terms of total number of offers extended include IT/ITES, BFSI, E-Commerce, and Consumer Goods/Retail.
The graph below is interactive.
For more details on the complete list of recruiters at ISB over the past 2 years and function-wise details of the placements process at the institute, check out the complete placement report on the official ISB website.
Here's What We Recommend You Read Next
- The Shocking Salaries That Management Consultants Take Home Annually
- Revealed: What Sales & Marketing Professionals Earn After An MBA
- Here Are The Massive Paychecks That Product Managers Draw Per Year
- Consumer Goods Companies Where Alumni of IIM A, B, C And ISB Are Now Working At
- Consulting Firms Where Alumni of IIM A, B, C And ISB Are Now Working At - Alumni Report 2020