In this final instalment of Chetna’s talk at Konversations Cafe, she answers various questions about MBA, careers and more. From why one should study an MBA to how she cracked the XLRI Jamshedpur mba interview to what one should take away from an MBA, and what mistakes one is likely to make Chetna Vasishth, Owner and Host at ChetChat, talks about it all. Meanwhile, would you like to attend a Konversations Cafe event? Well, we have good news! Konversations Cafe is coming to Delhi on 14th March! To register, click here.
In this video, Chetna talks about how she cracked her XLRI interview. She shares how one can talk about anecdotes, projects and experiences that one has been instrumental in, in order to show interest and passion. This she says, is a shortcut to cracking your interviews as well as showing your interest areas to the interviewer.
Further she shares how to make sure that you make your MBA worthwhile. She talks about not sticking to one domain, but experiencing as much as one can during MBA. She advises on how one can attend various lectures, especially ones with the best professors, and learn about various domains before deciding on one career path. She also shares how one should participate in projects and fests as these teach you how to become better managers. She also touches upon shifting from a corporate career to the uncertainty of entrepreneurship.
Finally, Chetna talks about mistakes students are likely to make during b-school, the most popular being electing to “chillax” post CAT. If you want to know how to make the nest of your 2 years at b-schools.
1. Prove your interest during interviews by sharing stories where you’ve worked on something you’re passionate about.
2. During b-school, make sure to attend as many different lectures as you can, to learn about different domains before making a career choice.
3. Join projects, fest and fair at b-school in order to become better future managers.
4. Starting out on your own requires you to explore your passions as well as the realities of life.
5. Don’t chill after cracking the CAT or other mba entrance exams. The real test begins to post these exams.
6. Don’t get stressed out and follow the herd because it’s expected of you. Instead diligently decide your career.
Recommended for you:
- Part 1 of Chetna's Talk - Why Every MBA Student Wants To Do Consulting
- Part 2 of Chetna's Talk - I Was About To Quit After My 95th Video For ChetChat
- An MBA Gives You Skills To Succeed - Anirudh Tara, MD And Partner, BCG, IIM C, Konversations Cafe
- MBA Is An Experience; Not Just A Degree - Amit Grover, IIM Indore, IIT Delhi