Everyone says that extracurriculars help you put your classroom learnings to good use. What exactly do they mean? Case Study Competitions and Internships have been spoken about at length, but what of fests? In this video, we spoke to one Vinushree Jain, a student of IIM Shillong, who participated in a festival called ‘God Sellers'. Her task included setting up and running a food stall. It's easier said than done, but Vinushree managed to source all her products, managed logistics, got sponsors and marketed her stall successfully.
In this video, she talks about how running the food stall helped her understand marketing concepts, and even speaks of what concepts she used to succeed. She seized the opportunity to learn from this fun and exciting event, and got a great amount of practical experience from it. If you want to know how you can make the most of such fests and extracurricular activities, this video is for you!
1. Know your audience! In Vinushree's case, she took the help of local restaurants who sponsored her stall. They gave her tips on what to serve and what works best with students since they have experience catering to students.
2. Free samples can do wonders for your sales! When running a stall, or any such outlet, free samples can help you create buzz for your product.
3. Know the 4P's. Product, Pricing, Place and Promotion.
4. Make the most of extracurriculars, because they give you an opportunity to test your classroom concepts. The practical experience you gain from these events is unparalleled.
Here's What We Recommend You Take A Look At Next
- IIM Shillong: Campus Life, Placements, Fees, Admission Criteria, And More | Know Your Campus
- IIM Shillong Interview Experience Ft. Anvita Gupta, CA
- From IIM Shillong To Tackling Challenges In The Corporate World | Ft. Deepam Sahu, TATA Steel
- Rejected in 2018, Converted IIM Shillong in 2019 Ft. Shamanth M K