Hello, Class of 2021!
You just finished the two most crucial months of your MBA journey. However, this year things were a little different thanks (but no thanks) to COVID-19 and the lockdowns. For most of you, the internship moved online, an arrangement that was mostly unheard of in India before 2020. You didn’t prepare for an online internship when you were giving the summer placement interviews, nor did your recruiters. You are probably the first batch to have experienced something like this. That makes your experience unique. No one knows what the future holds for us. There may be a possibility that “online internship” becomes the new normal. You need to prepare your juniors for that. That’s what this year’s Summer Saga is all about.
Moving your workspace from office to your home and computer is not easy. It takes time to adjust, adapt and get aligned with your team and manager virtually. But, you were able to do just that. This shows your agility and your work-waits-for-no-one attitude. All these experiences have just made you a stronger person.
The journey of what you have become in the last few months needs to be accounted for. InsideIIM is giving you the opportunity to share your internship experience with your peers, other b-school students, campus managers from different firms, InsideIIM users, and most importantly, your juniors.
Don’t you remember the time when you had no idea where you wanted to do your internship? Or the summer placement interviews where you were not sure if you answered things correctly? Or the time you started your job digitally and were intimidated by the sheer amount of work that was given to you. You had to go through a lot. Since projects were digital, you had to work extra hard, with no surety of getting a PPO (since the job market is shut at the moment). But, your juniors don’t have to go through the same hardships as you did. Help them prepare by simply sharing your experiences. Be the coach and the mentor you needed a few months ago.
InsideIIM presents the 7th Season of Summer Saga where you can share your bizarre, different, enriching, a-little-difficult-yet-fun experiences with everyone and win prizes for the same. Whether you spent two months doing the live project digitally, helped the organisation in sorting out their supply chain and operations during the lockdown, or went in and out of video calls with clients day-in and day-out. If there's even one thing you learned from your internship, you are eligible to participate in this competition.
Maybe this will help you reflect and recall your last two months as well (which can come in handy when giving interviews in the future). InsideIIM is the perfect platform to chronicle your experiences, your highs, your lows and everything in between.
What Do You Need To Do?
If you wish to share your experience anonymously, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes to Win!
This competition is broadly divided into four categories. Refer to the table below to know more about prizes in each category.
|Prize Money||Banking and Finance||Sales, Marketing and General Management||Operations||HR, Consulting and others|
|1st Prize||₹ 10,000||₹ 10,000||₹ 10,000||₹ 10,000|
|Runner Up||₹ 5,000||₹ 5,000||₹ 5,000||₹ 5,000|
|Note: In case the 1st prize is shared there will be no second prize winner and the prize will be shared by the winners – ₹ 5,000 each.|
A Competition without Rules is No Competition
- Your writeup has to be more than 500 words. Please add Summer Saga 2020 in your title.
- It should have everything! right from preparation strategy, tips to crack the interview for your desired company, your overall internship experience, to the key learnings and takeaways from the past two months. You may also add your learning from the first year of your MBA, how it helped you during the internship, and what advice you would like to give your juniors.
- You will be evaluated based on the value-addition and reach of your article. Make sure that you share your article with as many people as possible.
- There is also a title called, ‘Campus with the most Interesting Interns’ that will be awarded to the campus that submits the maximum number of entries. (Minimum entries from campus to be considered for this title is 10). So, if you want your campus to win the title then make sure your classmates and other students from your b school share their experiences in this year's Summer Saga Competition.
- Judges for this year will be announced on 30th June, 2020.
- The last date for submission of the entries is 10th July 2020. Results will be announced on 20th July 2020.
About the Judges
Every year, we have Campus Managers from some of the top companies (such as Reliance, HSBC, Flipkart, ABG, HUL, TAS, etc) judging the annual Summer Saga competition and top 10 experiences are selected from across b-schools in India.
Check out the previous year's winners of 2019!