You may also be interested in reading - IMT Ghaziabad vs MICA - Business School Comparison
XIMB vs IMI New Delhi - Rankings
|IMI New Delhi vs XIMB - Rankings|
|InsideIIM MBA Rankings 2019||InsideIIM MBA Rankings 2018||MHRD NIRF MBA Rankings 2019||MHRD NIRF MBA Rankings 2018|
|IMI New Delhi||38th||43rd||32nd||32nd|
InsideIIM MBA Rankings - Compared to 2018, IMI New Delhi has ascended upwards to enter the top-40 spot, while XIMB has actually dropped in rankings by three positions. XIMB, however, is still quite ahead in terms of rankings, though the difference has now reduced significantly between the two institutes.
NIRF MBA Rankings - These rankings are based on graduation outcomes, which is calculated by assigning weights to various criteria such as %age of students placed through campus placements, median salary, etc. As per the NIRF rankings, XIMB (part of XUB) is miles ahead of IMI in terms of graduation outcomes, ranked amongst the top 20 colleges of India! Additionally, XIMB is ranked significantly higher than IMI when it comes to 'Perception' in the MHRD NIRF Rankings for both 2018 and 2019.
Also read - Why I Chose MICA Over NMIMS Mumbai
XIMB vs IMI New Delhi - Placements, Fees, Recruiters on Campus (Class of 2019)
|IMI New Delhi vs XIMB - Fees, Placements, Return on Investment|
|Fees*||Highest CTC||Average CTC||Median CTC|
|IMI New Delhi||Rs. 16.95 lakhs p.a.||Rs. 20.75 lakhs p.a.||Rs. 13.01 lakhs p.a.||Rs. 12.20 lakhs p.a.|
|XIMB||Rs. 21.06 lakhs p.a.||Rs. 24.5 lakhs p.a.||Rs. 14.31 lakhs p.a.||Rs. 14.16 lakhs p.a.|
From the figures mentioned above, it is clear that when it comes to Return on Investment, neither of the two institutes offer even a remotely good RoI, with IMI New Delhi providing a slightly better RoI compared to XIMB. In terms of placements, XIMB performs better, with a higher median as well as average CTC for the PGDM Class of 2019.
*Fees are for the graduating Class of 2021
- Highest CTC – Rs. 20.75 LPA (Manufacturing Sector)
- Median CTC – Rs. 12.20 LPA
- Median CTC (Top 10% of the batch) – Rs. 18.30 LPA
- Median CTC (Top 20% of the batch) – Rs. 17.08 LPA
- Median CTC (Top 30% of the batch) – Rs. 15.86 LPA
- Average CTC – Rs. 13.01 LPA
- The final placements process saw 102+ recruiters and 50 students received pre-placement offers from their dream companies, a 25% increase from last year.
- 46% of the recruiters on campus consisted of new recruiters.
- 39% of the batch opted for roles in the BFSI sector, followed by 21% in Consulting and 16% in the IT sector.
- Top brands on campus included HSBC, Citi Bank, Reliance Industries Limited, Shell, Tata Motors, Hindustan Unilever, Reckitt Benckiser, Nestle, Asian Paints, Piramal, EY India, Gartner and Deloitte among others.
Click here to read the complete placement report.
- Highest salary: INR 24.50 LPA
- Median salary: INR 14.16 LPA
- Average salary: INR 14.31 LPA
- Median salary (Top 50%): INR 16.52 LPA
- Average salary (Top 50%): INR 16.68 LPA
- 29% of the batch opted for roles in the Consulting sector, 26% of the batch opted for roles in the IT/ITES sector, while 21% of the batch opted for roles in BFSI.
- A total of 104 recruiters participated in the Final Placements process, out of which 54 were first-time recruiters at XIMB.
From stream-wise placement figures at XIMB, click here.
XIMB vs IMI New Delhi - Batch Size, Diversity (Class of 2020)
|Batch Size||Percentage of Non-Engineers||Percentage of Women|
|IMI New Delhi||236||38%||38%|
If batch-size is perceived as more competition, then IMI New Delhi has a significant advantage over XIMB, with nearly 130 students more to compete with in the MBA-BM Class of 2020.
In terms of gender diversity, both XIMB and IMI New Delhi have set an example for other "elite" business schools in the same bracket and brackets above, with over 30% of the Class of 2020 at both institutes comprising women. At IMI, nearly 40% of the PGDM Class of 2020 comprises of women, a figure higher than most of the top IIMs.
In terms of academic diversity, IMI New Delhi comes out on top, with nearly 40% of the batch comprising non-engineers. At 18% non-engineers in the MBA-BM Class of 2020, XIMB is in the mid-range when it comes to the most academically diverse management institutes of India.
XIMB vs IMI New Delhi - Student Exchange Opportunities
Both IMI New Delhi and XIMB offer student exchange opportunities to their MBA students.
At XIMB, students can opt to go for a student exchange programme to any one of XIMB's many European partner universities such as IESEG School of Management France, REIMS Management School, EUROMED Marseille Institute of Management, etc. Here is an XIMB student's exchange experience at IESEG School of Management.
IMI New Delhi has international collaborations with 17 management institutes in various countries Germany, China, Brazil, France, Belgium, the United States etc. Here are student exchange experiences of students at IMI New Delhi.
You may also be interested in reading - IIM Shillong Versus JBIMS Mumbai – Business School Comparison
XIMB vs IMI New Delhi - Location
New Delhi is home to some of the world's largest corporates and market leaders, giving IMI an advantage over XIMB, which is located in Bhubaneshwar. However, Bhubaneswar, as a state capital, is also a fast-paced business hub and was ranked #1 by the World Bank in 2014 for the ease of doing business in India. Many tech companies such as Tech Mahindra, Infosys, MindTree, IBM etc. have established themselves in Bhubaneswar.
Both institutes, regardless of their location, see some of the top companies across various industries visiting their campus for recruitment every year.
XIMB vs IMI New Delhi - Conclusion
In the eight selection criteria mentioned at the beginning of this article, IMI New Delhi comes out on top in 50% of them, since it has a smaller batch-size, is located in the national capital, has relatively better RoI and has more diversity in its PGDM Class of 2020. XIMB, on the other hand, is ranked better and offers relatively better placements to its students. Both students offer great student exchange opportunities and have some of the top brands in the country visiting their respective campuses for recruitment.
Neither of the two institutes offers great RoI.
If you liked this B-school comparison, you may also be interested in reading:
- IIFT Delhi Versus SIBM Pune – Which Business School Is A Better Option?
- IIM Indore Versus MDI Gurgaon
- IIM Udaipur Vs IIM Kashipur | B-School Comparison