Meet Tanya Naik. Graduating from XLRI Jamshedpur just before the 2008 financial crash, she joined CitiBank. She spent close to 9 years there, where she held 5 different roles and worked on everything from cards, to investments, to trade solutions, and much more. In 2017, she switched to PayPal, where she now works as Director of Payments, India & Cross Border Markets. If you aspire to have a career in Banking or Finance, or are keen on understanding how one can navigate their career through tough times, this video is certainly for you!
Tanya starts off by telling why she chose MBA, taking inspiration from her mother who was an alum from JBIMS. She talks of her experience in XLRI, and how she managed to stay afloat during her 8+ year long stint at CitiBank. She suggests that sticking to a company is very important today, but that doesn’t mean you stick to the same role. Apart from a banking role being exciting and all-rounded, her role-switches helped keep her work fresh and challenging. She also talks of how a career in banking can better prepare you to take on financial challenges, be it professional or personal.
Later, she touches on her role at PayPal, and talks of the FinTech revolution. It doesn’t matter what you specialise in, as long as you are able to recognise the importance of tech going forward, and are able to utilise tech to make your tasks easier. In the end, she talks about the current times, and advises students and professionals about what they can do to stay afloat. Watch this video to get insights from the finance world, and a look at a very interesting career journey.
What’s this? This is a series of talks that we are doing amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Despite the lockdowns and the curfews, we are making all the efforts to ensure that you keep getting insightful and relevant content. So sit back and make the most of your social distancing with this episode of ‘Konversations in Quarantine'!
1) To stay fresh and motivated, try to change roles within the same organisation, instead of switching organisations.
2) A Banking stint will give you a good base for a career in Finance.
3) Banking can help you improve your personal finances.
4) Banking roles are more rounded than corporate finance roles.
5) Digital Payment Firms are at the forefront of democratising financial products.
6) Always think about how tech can help you make your task easier.
7) You don’t need to be a finance specialist to join a finance company.
Here's what we recommend to you:
1) A BCom Fresher's Journey To XLRI Jamshedpur | Anjali Singh
2) Insights from The Banking Sector Ft. Prawin Tiwari, HDB Financial Services, IFMR Alum
3) 10 Certifications To Be Job Ready In The Post COVID 19 Economy
If you don't want to miss any of our videos, all you need to do is join us on WhatsApp. Click here to join - https://bit.ly/_whatsappupdates