- Low Batch Size: Low batch size leads to a close knit family & it also gives an immense advantage during placements. Also, the teacher to student ratio is also favorable.
- Case-Based Pedagogy: Case-based teaching is an active learning strategy employed in SOM. Each lecture is assigned a case in which students pre-read and submit the solutions a day before the lecture. These cases have complex, real-life scenarios that call on their analytical thinking skills and decision-making capabilities.
- College Infrastructure- The college is in the heart of the city, and the campus is around 550 acre in the area filled with greenery. All sorts of medical facilities, sports and game facilities are available on the campus. The hostel and other infrastructure are world class.
- Location- Location plays a significant role for a B-school and some of the factors mentioned above are possible only because SOM is in the financial capital of India, Mumbai.
- Opportunities- There are plenty of opportunities to hold the position of responsibilities. Also, the business incubator SINE at IIT Bombay is host to numerous startups and provides an ecosystem to support entrepreneurship.
Which ABG company would you want to work for and why?
Aditya Birla Capital Limited (ABCL) is one of the largest financial services players in India. Also, Aditya Birla has a group leadership program which recruits from top B-schools and exposes them to varying fields in the form of 3 separate stints in the first year of joining. I believe that such diverse stints add a lot of value to one’s experience. ABG has a very diverse cultural background and has a presence in a lot of places all over the world, which results in more opportunities in diverse fields later in the career.
Mehta Jay Mayur is a first-year student at SJMSOM, IIT Bombay